Register

Asus ProArt z790 - BIOS updates!

Motherboard
Asus ProArt z790 Creator WIFI
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
RX 6900XT
Hi everyone, just starting a thread based on this specific boards BIOS updates as there isn't one. It'll be good to know user experiences when updating to newer versions.

I've ran and tested BIOS versions 0204, 0704 and 0814. All working fine.

Thunderbolt - Works
Sleep
- Works
Front USB-C port - Buggy - (Will eject and re-inject external SSD soon as it's connected. Will also lock up PC when trying to sleep with a device connected to it - causing a hard reset and/or a CMOS reset).

SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1
OC: 0.9.2
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64GB DDR5 6400MHz CL32 (XMP - ON).

If you're running this board, please feel free to share your experiences and inform us of any problems that have occurred after updating.

Thanks

QUICK THREAD POSTS;
EFI Contributed by @SmackAttack - See this post!

Last edited:
I'm up to BIOS 1303.

Thunderbolt - Works
Sleep - Works (as in screens go off instantly, MB power takes about 20 secs, then goes off, then comes on, then after another 5-10 secs, MB power goes off with blinking power light, then, when prompted, it wakes correctly) I don't ever use sleep 'tho.
Front USB-C port - same as reported above

NOTE: I'm using BOTH 2.5gbps and 10gbps ports, with all wifi/BT off in BIOS.

SMBIOS - MacPro7,1
OC: 095
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32gb x 2 5600 MHz (XMP - ON)

Last edited:
I'm on the 1303 but there is a new 1501 available. Having some issues but its more on my side than the BIOS.
Can you guys share your EFI trying to see where did I screwed up.

Thank you! Will test it when I get back to the office, I'm very curious to see where did I screw it up. Thank you again.

I added in SMBIOS in my first post as that'll be good to know aswell.

Good reporting @SmackAttack, thanks!

@ramazarusx I remember a while back you said you updated BIOS, and it messed up the ACPI paths or something along those lines? What version was that and was that the case in the end?

I added in SMBIOS in my first post as that'll be good to know aswell.
I added mine, too, but looks like my Bold type disappeared.

@ramazarusx I remember a while back you said you updated BIOS, and it messed up the ACPI paths or something along those lines? What version was that and was that the case in the end?
Not sure it was ether 0904 or 1203.

Do your machines POST?
Since i've been on 0814, my machine hasn't been able to post. Worked on 0204 and 0704 though.

Recently changed RAM from Corsair 5600 to G.Skill 6400 and still nothing. I may need to update BIOS.

Regarding this though, should I (or can I update to the latest version in one go? Or should I update incrementally?

I went from what was shipped with the board (0814 I think) all the way up to 1303. Make sure you follow the instructions about updating the Intel Media Engine (firmware AND driver) in Windows first.

Back