Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt Z490 Creator Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 276
I’ve just finally managed to get Catalina running on my new ProArt with a 10400. I’ve always bought ASUS boards in the 20+ years I’ve been building computers for for my studio and I wish I had read the fine print first on this one, I’d likely have bought the Vision d instead. The one thing I did notice was they were only using pcie gen 3 on it however I missed the fine print saying that if you used the included 10G card it disables the Thunderbolt. Had my focus been on video production and not audio I would have been substantially more disappointed in ASUS where they are using both of those features as a selling point for video producers, they would want both options available simultaneously, pcie gen 4 would likely have been able to accomplish it. The onboard 2.5G is still a step up from gigabit, or would be for someone with the hardware.
The real disappointment for me with the board though is both of the DisplayPorts on the back are inputs only direct to the Thunderbolt and the board only has a single HDMI out so for me to continue using a multi monitor setup I will have to put in a video card, great option for getting multiple high resolution sources in for the video guys, not for us that need multiple outs.
Other than that I am looking forward, once again, to getting it completely finished and running in the studio with my new Apollo now that I have managed to get Catalina installed on it.
Can you please share your EFI Folder (Clover or OpenCore) ?
Thank you!

I have i7-10700K and MSI RX 580 OC 8GB. The only difference from @Stork is the CPU.
You guys did great but I need your help.

I used the EFI folder a few page previous. I get installation page and installed the Catalina. But, after installation, I just have black screen on both onboard and RX 580.

Second problem. When I select the first graphics card as PCIe, it does not boot from RX 580 but the internal one. Then, after a few seconds, the internal graphics has no signal, then the RX 580 gives output. When I restar into the BIOS, it turned to internal GPU again and again.

Guys, can anyone share a working EFI folder of OpenCore please? (0.6.x please.)
USE RX-580 SSDT.aml
you can find easy by google

USE RX-580 SSDT.aml
you can find easy by google
A link to a working SSDT-RX580.aml for this motherboard would be nice.

Just updated to the latest BIOS v1002 without any problems.

Has anybody got a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card running using DisplayPort? All I can use is the DVI and two HDMI ports.

Just updated to the latest BIOS v1002 without any problems.

Has anybody got a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card running using DisplayPort? All I can use is the DVI and two HDMI ports.
I have the same exact card. Unfortunately, it went dead 2 months after arrival. I would have been glad to try it also.
I begin to wonder if these digital items have different personalities. :)

anybody else has problem activating the i225-V LAN port ?
tried it w/ Windows10 & ubuntu also, no dice . am alrdy on 2nd copy of the ProArt

I now have my "Thunderball II" system working including Thunderbolt 3 to an OWC 14 port Thunderbolt 3 dock. I had help from @CaseySJ with the SSDT-TB3. Great experience.
Curious - in one of your initial posts, you said you were going to try this as UniBeast/MultiBeast build (vs. OC). Were you successful via Clover? Or did you end up using OC?

Curious - in one of your initial posts, you said you were going to try this as UniBeast/MultiBeast build (vs. OC). Were you successful via Clover? Or did you end up using OC?
I ended up using OC and have since updated OC to 0.6.4.

Re: Thunderbolt 3. The SSDT that I'm using will only Hot-Plug my OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back