Contribute
Register

Asus ProArt Z490 Creator Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY ! THANK YOU for this full guide, I will follow it and see tomorrow, but I suspect a memory problem.
Apparently when you are stuck at "end randomseed" it could be RAM..... I found some RAM fixes with.EFI files but I don't know where to put the in the EFI and how to activate them.... any ideas ? Thank you for your help !

Hi!

I am trying to install macOs Catalina with OpenCore for 4 days, but I can't get to the installation screen. I have done everything that I have read in the forum. I checked my BIOS config. I have created my EFI folder many times, but without any luck. Sometimes the screen goes black, other times the forbidden symbol appears. I do not know what else to do. Please, could someone help me a bit?

EDIT: I have managed to run macOs Catalina from the USB with the EFI folders, and it is on the logo screen withe the progress bar full for 25 minutes. It does not goes to the next screen. What could be the problem?

Motherboard: Aus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU: i9 10900K
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT OC Gaming

Thanks in advance.
HI !

As I wrote in answer to centraljava, I'm stuck at end random seed.
Would you mind sharing your EFI and BIOS settings please? It would be great for me! Thank you!

HI !

As I wrote in answer to centraljava, I'm stuck at end random seed.
Would you mind sharing your EFI and BIOS settings please? It would be great for me! Thank you!
I have the same motherboard.
When first starting out, I used the EFI from the following build:

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore | tonymacx86.com

You could give it a try, just to see if that 'random seed' error would go away.

Again sharing my journey, I would also try booting up Linux (Ubuntu or something that's freely available); again to confirm if indeed there's RAM issue.

Hi!
i have the same motherboard
when first starting out, i used the EFI from the following build:

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore | tonymacx86.com

you could gv it a try, just to see if that 'random seed' error would go away.

Again sharing my journey, i would also try booting up linux (ubuntu or something tat's freely available); again to confirm if indeed there's RAM issue.
Hi!

I tried with EFI 0.6.1, 0.6.3 and 0.6.4 and correct BIOS setting. Also, I remade the USB installer. But not successful. Maybe I will try again today. What EFI did you use for the first install?

Thanks!

Hi!

Hi!

I tried with EFI 0.6.1, 0.6.3 and 0.6.4 and correct BIOS setting. Also, I remade the USB installer. But not successful. Maybe I will try again today. What EFI did you use for the first install?

Thanks!
Well done! Keep at it. :)
If this your first build, welcome to our world.
Most of us went thru the same thing. ("A thousand reboots", many here would chuckle & understand that.)

A couple of things:
- have you tried installing Windows on it; and
- have you opened the config.plist file, instead of just using it.
(need to make some edits, serial #, etc.; it's not plug-n-play)

Well done! Keep at it. :)
If this your first build, welcome to our world.
Most of us went thru the same thing. ("A thousand reboots", many here would chuckle & understand that.)

A couple of things:
- have you tried installing Windows on it; and
- have you opened the config.plist file, instead of just using it.
(need to make some edits, serial #, etc.; it's not plug-n-play)
Hi Centraljava,

Thanks for your help and support. I don't why, but today I can install Catalina. It was magical. I used the "Z490 OC6.4 EFI" of Leesureone user, thanks!

Now I have to check that all works fine, and know why always the computer starts with Windows SO, and know if always i need the USB installer plugged on the computer to work with the macOS.

Hi!

I forgot put the Serial, SmUUID and Type in the config.plist. Just now I modified it, and I am trying to re-install Catalina. But now I have a "Forbidden" symbol when it is chargging the files. Have I to make something before re-install if i have yet a Catalina installed?

Thanks!

Hi everyone ,
I followed the OpenCore guide to match my material (CPU, motherboard,etc.), and now I m at that error points. What can I do? Any idea what are those errors? Thank you soooooo much for helping!!!

Attachments

• 20210201_125022.jpg
    20210201_125022.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
Hi everyone ,
I followed the OpenCore guide to match my material (CPU, motherboard,etc.), and now I m at that error points. What can I do? Any idea what are those errors? Thank you soooooo much for helping!!!

Hi,

Try with this EFI folder. It works for me today. I have now Catalina installed.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 168
Hi,

Try with this EFI folder. It works for me today. I have now Catalina installed.
OK, I will try it. But I change from Catalina to Mojave installation, and now I right where I always been from the beginning - stuck at endrondomseed. I will redo my USB with Catalina and try your EFI.

Attachments

• 20210201_131956.jpg
    20210201_131956.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back