CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wanted to post my config if it helps anyone else. (full EFI folder attached)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming
CPU: Intel 10900K
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 560
Wi-Fi/BT: Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac 1750Mbps Desktop PCi-E WiFi Adapter. (Handoff / Continuity working)
Ethernet: I225-V
Storage: 2x Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe
OpenCore: 0.5.9

About the only thing not working is Apple TV+ DRM content, but Netflix / Prime / Apple trailers work fine.

View attachment 473797

View attachment 473808

Hey @scope666, thank you so much for sharing your build. I have decided the following components so far:
Motherboard: ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR
CPU: Intel 10900K
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200
GPU: AMD Radeon VII
Storage: 1x Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe
Power Supply: 1000W to 1200W 80+ Gold Certified

I am still not sure which AIO cooler to go for. I will definitely get 360mm Radiator for sure but not sure as I have been told to get the AIO which does not need to be connected to the internal usb header on the motherboard. I am looking into EK-AIO 360 D-RGB one and it seems I have the option not to connect to the internal usb header on the motherboard? I will really love your help to choose the best performance 360 AIO cooler that will work perfectly with my hackintosh build.

Last edited:
I am still not sure which AIO cooler to go for. I will definitely get 360mm Radiator for sure but not sure as I have been told to get the AIO which does not need to be connected to the internal usb header on the motherboard. I am looking into EK-AIO 360 D-RGB one and it seems I have the option not to connect the internal usb header on the motherboard? I will really love your help to choose the best performance 360 AIO cooler that will work perfectly with my hackintosh build.

I can't really speak to the other options, but I have the Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM and it's been working great. I'm even able to run iCue via Parallels and can still make changes while booted into the Mac side.

I did have to create a custom USB map to enable that internal header. (in my .zip file)

@ annanyo I'm also about to start a 10th gen build using that same Asus ProArt Z490-Creator. If all goes smoothly, the specs of that board (especially having 2 built-in Thunderbolt 3, without separate add in cards /headers to mess with) seem like it could be a really popular future model for builders.

I'm using the i7-10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz (2x16), and Crucial 1TB Nvme. Going to try integrated graphics initially and add a Radeon card later if needed. Fingers crossed it will work without too many caveats, I know 10th gen is still kind of bleeding edge right now in terms of support.

@ annanyo I'm also about to start a 10th gen build using that same Asus ProArt Z490-Creator. If all goes smoothly, the specs of that board (especially having 2 built-in Thunderbolt 3, without separate add in cards /headers to mess with) seem like it could be a really popular future model for builders.

I'm using the i7-10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz (2x16), and Crucial 1TB Nvme. Going to try integrated graphics initially and add a Radeon card later if needed. Fingers crossed it will work without too many caveats, I know 10th gen is still kind of bleeding edge right now in terms of support.

Hey @dukekaboom, that is awesome!! Plus 10G LAN Card is added bonus as I love using LAN over WIFI in my PC, anyway. :D I am also going to use integrated graphics for now as AMD Big Navi is coming out in September!! Almost went all in for Radeon VII but the announcement and promises tempted me to add GPU later.

My components finally arrived, so will be starting the build soon. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck man and keep us updated. I am still behind schedule with my components and some of the stuffs are out of stock. Looking forward to get details on the progress and so on :D

Last edited:

I tried to build hackintosh with this motherboard and i9 10900K, but no luck. And I've been pretty busy on my work the past couple of weeks, if you have a success build, please post it! Thank you so much, I appreciate!

Don't forget to update your BIOS to 0603 version, otherwise you will have some graphics card blackout issues.

I tried to build hackintosh with this motherboard and i9 10900K, but no luck. And I've been pretty busy on my work the past couple of weeks, if you have a success build, please post it! Thank you so much, I appreciate!

Don't forget to update your BIOS to 0603 version, otherwise you will have some graphics card blackout issues.

Don't worry @wwanxh, today or tomorrow, we will get it done :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back