Contribute
Register

ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 LGA I9 12900K AMD 6900XT install and support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have IOMMU enabled in your bios settings?

Sometimes we need to simplify:

1. See Step 6. BIOS/Firmware parameters setup by @CaseySJ for Z690 ProArt Creator - Golden Builds
2. Create a new USB drive with latest Monterey 12.6 OS - download using gibMacOS from Github
3. Remove any other internal/external drives not required for the Monterey install
4. Check your EFI folder using ocvalidate (OCAT) and fix all errors
5. Select the USB drive from the Boot Menu (F8) link in BIOS EZ Mode - to be sure you boot the correct UEFI drive.

Last edited:
so i found this line in the dortania guide, it says not to use configurators, any thoughts?
  • DO NOT USE CONFIGURATORS, these rarely respect OpenCore's configuration and even some like Mackie's will add Clover properties and corrupt plists!

so i found this line in the dortania guide, it says not to use configurators, any thoughts?
  • DO NOT USE CONFIGURATORS, these rarely respect OpenCore's configuration and even some like Mackie's will add Clover properties and corrupt plists!
I use PlistEditPro, never had an issue

I have this mobo on the way. Is this or is this not working with hackintosh (latest bios, etc.)? This thread is confusing me.

I have this mobo on the way. Is this or is this not working with hackintosh (latest bios, etc.)? This thread is confusing me.
It does work. But what we have found according to @joshuame149 is that we shouldn't update the BIOS to the latest version because that may cause problems (he is still trying to resolve them).

It does work. But what we have found according to @joshuame149 is that we shouldn't update the BIOS to the latest version because that may cause problems (he is still trying to resolve them).
Ok got it. So you haven't updated it? Can we not downgrade anymore with 12th gen?

Edit: and which version are you on if you don't mind me asking?

Ok got it. So you haven't updated it? Can we not downgrade anymore with 12th gen?

Edit: and which version are you on if you don't mind me asking?
No I didn't and no you cannot downgrade firmware anymore afaik with Asus new recent firmwares.
On my board I use version 0407 and it works totally fine as is. Thunderbolt also works with the Asus EX4 board.

So I actually just got it to boot today I had access to my computer for first time in 2 months, I have an EFI that works currently but the computer keeps restarting and I'm trying to figure out all the kinks and I wanted to update from 12.1 to 12.6 and yes the EFI I currently using works on the newest Asus z690 firmware 1620. The MB is really solid when u figure everything out.

So I actually just got it to boot today I had access to my computer for first time in 2 months, I have an EFI that works currently but the computer keeps restarting and I'm trying to figure out all the kinks and I wanted to update from 12.1 to 12.6 and yes the EFI I currently using works on the newest Asus z690 firmware 1620. The MB is really solid when u figure everything out.
That's great. Can you upload the EFI so I can maybe help you troubleshoot? What was causing your issue from before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back