Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
####RX 6600 XT####

Hi ppl long time... still everything working and upgraded, so this post.

Upgraded GPU from RX 580 to RX 5500 XT 8gb no issues (early this year), and yesterday upgraded to a RX 6600 XT.

Steps update OC 0.6.9 to OC 0.7.5 using the RX 5500 XT, in OC 0.7.5 installed Monterrey 12.1 last beta.
shutdown, unplug the RX 5500 XT, plugged RX 6600 XT, turn on the computer and voila. everything OK!
No need to modify nothing.

have a great day

Did a clean install of Monterey 12.1 with Opencore v. 0.7.8 (not 0.7.7)
Everything works for the most part except Sleep
no matter what i try it just wakes up instantly, any ideas will be appreciated

Here'a little breakdown of components
OC 0.7.8
ASUS Z490-P Motherboard
Monterey 12.1
CPU i7 10700k
GPU MSI RX 580
Bluetooth wifi card BCM94360CS2 with adapter in M.2 slot , Wifi works Bluetooth does not work in Monterey worked fine in Big Sur.
Audio works With ALCid=11 Rear ports and Display port Audio, HDMI Audio not tested as I dont use HDMI
Ethernet Realtek Works 1Gbps
Thunderbolt 3 card ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR works only if Thunderbolt devices are connected before boot, USB-C Devices on the same ports work fine @ 10Gbps at any given time
all USB ports were mapped in Windows ,which is way better to do in Windows than Hackintool, 2 kexts are created in this way.
Apple TV DRM works , must use SMBIOS imacPro1,1 this is almost mandatory do not use iMac20,1 or 2
All iServices work imessage and facetime with Logitech camera
Shutdown and restart work but NO SLEEP

OSX runs off a SATA SSD with TRIM enabled
NVME drives are detected just fine, 1 for Windows 11 and 1 for my game collection
even on SATA Macos runs extremely fast

So if anyone has a suggestion for the sleep issue please let me know
i have tried BIOS/SSDTs/Quirks in Plist , but nothing seems to work

Last edited:
Can someone help me with BIOS settings on this same motherboard?

Hi everyone!
Thanks to this post I have managed to install catalina on my Asus Prime Z490P pc but I have a problem with the iGPU. My CPU is an i5 10600K with UHD 630. I have connected two monitors with HDMI and Displayport. With my current EFI, I recognize the graphic acceleration of the iGPU and the two ports but when starting the hackintosh, the login is first displayed on the DP monitor. I start the session and after a few seconds, the monitor with HDMI kicks in but flicke. If I want to fix that, I have to disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it. This is how the two monitors work, what could be happening? I have misconfigured the EFI -> Devices properties?
how it works after waking from sleep? If it is OK, then one shortcut is just at night make computer sleep *not turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back