Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z77-M Pro Build Sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R4yMoNd said:
hi, thanks for sharing..

Im using P8z77-Mpro with core i5 2500K

is the dsdt uploaded yesterday is the latest one?

have u tested the usb3.0 speed?

thank you

Yes, all the DSDT's are up-to-date. =)

I don't have any USB3.0 devices to check the speeds. They show up and work as USB2.0 in System Profiler & Finder. Still need to do more testing in this area, just can't at the moment.

Take a look at this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57646

mrengles said:
romanskij said:
Hello mrengles,

do you realy get your hack to sleep?
My problem is that my hack don´t realy go to sleep.
The Fans and LED are stil working, i just hear that the HDD´s stops to spin/rotate.

Is your System complete down in sleep or the same problem like at my hack?

I have had a problem with my previous hack (c2d E6600, p5wdh deluxe). If i tried to wake it with mouse or keyboard it waked my hack up but display were still black.
If i wake with power button, everything works. So it is possible that is your only problem that you just tried to wake up with usb devices?!

I hope there is solution for this Board and Ivy Bridge CPU´s.

Yes, the system goes completely down, The only thing running is my Corsair H50 water pump because its hooked up directly to my PSU and the NIC flashes but that is normal.

All my fans, HDD, SSD, GPU, monitor, are definitely sleeping (completely down).

Hi mrengles,

now i can get my hack to sleep with the sleepenabler.kext.
It looks that the powermanagement.kext dont work with my ivy bridge cpu.
So i use now the nullpowermanagement and sleepenabler.

wake from sleep does not work for me too and i think that we just have to wait for the next update for lion or release of mountain lion to get everything working.

Or we need a modified UEFI BIOS as you write before.
I find on some threads here that the gigabyte boards work with sleep and wake.

I stil have just two p-states (16 and 34) min and max.

If somebody have an idea plz write, i will try everything we need to get it work.

Update:
I tried to use deep sleep and i have an issue with 10.7.4 on my both Hacks. With 10.7.3 everything works well on my laptop.
The computer go now to sleep and at the wake moment after the grey screen with the loading bar appears it just reboot my computer.

Can you try the deep sleep mode with your hardware?

1. For this you have to use the attached chameleon bootloder with the resume fix
boot.zip
2. the sleep image have to be not encrypted, this you can deactivate with this in the terminal:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.virtualMemory DisableEncryptedSwap -boolean yes
3. you have too change the hibernatemode to 1 -> save to disk with this line in terminal:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 1

then just klick on the apple and hibernate or the power button on your computer.
It takes some seconds until the pc is going into deep sleep after restart the computer tries to wake with the sleepimage. if this don´t work, you have to boot with Wake=No the he ignores the image and start normal.

its really important that you write the boot flag case sensitive.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    133.1 KB · Views: 77
jaywetere said:
Thanks for the input, So I can somehow connect to other macs using command k so thats ok they do not show up in finder have never had that happen before, sharing is enabled etc. applied only the Patched HDA for ALC887 and ALC8XXHDA.kext then the audio info is showing in the system report and it shows Audio ID 892 even tho I have selected 887
Because I have just realized you are using the pro and I am not, so Im wondering if the DSDT is different because they have different audio I have 887 and you have 892?

Yes, it is because the DSDT is specific to the P8Z77-M pro motherboard.

@romanskij

Can you please provide a link for the source of the boot.zip I would like to read up more about this sleep method before I make any changes to my system.

Thanks!

mrengles said:
@romanskij

Can you please provide a link for the source of the boot.zip I would like to read up more about this sleep method before I make any changes to my system.

Thanks!

Hello mrengles,

i downloaded the latest trunk from http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chame ... tree/HEAD/
and use the hibernate107v1.patch from here http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/133/
After it i compiled the bootloader with "make" in the terminal.
You need Xcode installed to do this.

So you don´t get an Error at wake from deep sleep
"Header read stage 200
incorrect image signature"

The other things are untouched.

R4yMoNd said:
Here's the error im getting in -V

Im sorry i dont know how to export into text..

any suggestion to solve it?

thanks

Hello R4yMoNd,

it looks like you use lion 10.7.0, so you need a patched (for speedstepping) appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext or just use the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to deactivate the powermanagement kext. So you can boot and update your system to 10.7.4 and then install the speedstep pathed powermanagement kext and then you can delete the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. With an Ivy Bridge CPU i have to disable the powermanagement kext cause get a kernel panic.

romanskij said:
R4yMoNd said:
Here's the error im getting in -V

Im sorry i dont know how to export into text..

any suggestion to solve it?

thanks

Hello R4yMoNd,

it looks like you use lion 10.7.0, so you need a patched (for speedstepping) appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext or just use the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to deactivate the powermanagement kext. So you can boot and update your system to 10.7.4 and then install the speedstep pathed powermanagement kext and then you can delete the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. With an Ivy Bridge CPU i have to disable the powermanagement kext cause get a kernel panic.

Hello.. thank you so much for ur fast response, im still figuring out and won't quit till i get it right.. hope it wont take much longer.. hehehe.. Great tips & Advise..

cheers.. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back