Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,

I built my first Hackintosh with the ASUS P8Z77-M Pro. Thanks to brycv I setup my BIOS correctly and used his provided DSDT. Build hardware is working 100% Sound, Network, Graphics, ex... The only issue i'm having would be with the Sleep/wake function of OS X Lion (10.7.3) I can put the computer to sleep but can't wake it up with either a wired apple keyboard, wired mighty Mouse or network administration over SSH (Don't know the new name of the mouse, damb copy right issues. :p)

Is there anything I can do, change or correct to get sleep/wake working?

My rig components below:

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813131833

Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623i72700K
Item #: N82E16819115095

XFX HD-687X-CNFC Radeon HD 6870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Item #: N82E16814150563

SilverStone Fortress Series FT03B Black Aluminum / Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case
Item #: N82E16811163176

SILVERSTONE SST-ST1000-G Evolution 1000W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular ...
Item #: N82E16817256081

Silverstone Model PP05 Short Cable Set For Silverstone Strider Series Modular PSU
Item #: N82E16812162010

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB Low Profile (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Item #: N82E16820145347

Also attached are my MultiBeast settings.

Thanks in advanced. If you need any more information please just ask.

Thanks again!

Hi mrengles,
i have the same mobo and cpu like you and i can´t get speedstep working. I´ve installed the same things like you but can´t boot without nullcpu.kext. I don´t know if the patch from multibeast realy works. Can you write if you get sleep working? It is an important thing for me.

Big Thx

romanskij said:
Hi mrengles,
i have the same mobo and cpu like you and i can´t get speedstep working. I´ve installed the same things like you but can´t boot without nullcpu.kext. I don´t know if the patch from multibeast realy works. Can you write if you get sleep working? It is an important thing for me.

Big Thx

romanski,

Nothing yet... :(

Hopefully this thread will takeoff soon with useful solutions to the sleep/wake issue and other post-instalation tuning tips. This is a great little motherboard.

From what i've read elsewhere, I think we are going to need a patched/modded BIOS to get sleep/wake working. The problem right now is that Asus's Z77 motherboards will not allow modified BIOS's to be installed on the board.

If I find a solution, or have any other news on the status of this motherboards BIOS I will post here. Please do the same.

What version BIOS are you using? Do you have a patched/modded DSDT.aml? Overall hows everything working with your P8Z77-M Pro build?

-mrengles

Hi mrengles,

i use the actual bios 1016 from asus site. I think my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not patched or some bios settings are wrong. i realy don´t know if the speedstepper patch realy works. I used the dsdt file from one of your uploads, so i get my sound working. and tryied with multibeast to patch my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext but it seems to not work. Can you plz upload your kext, so i can try to see if there is something wrong with other things.

Thank You!

romanskij said:
Hi mrengles,

i use the actual bios 1016 from asus site. I think my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not patched or some bios settings are wrong. i realy don´t know if the speedstepper patch realy works. I used the dsdt file from one of your uploads, so i get my sound working. and tryied with multibeast to patch my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext but it seems to not work. Can you plz upload your kext, so i can try to see if there is something wrong with other things.

Thank You!

What version of Lion are you using?

If you don't mine, where did you find a DSDT for this board?

Thanx

kduvernay said:

Thanx

I have two different DSDT's for this motherboard. BIOS version 0801 & 1016 (Both work the same). I got them from a very helpful forum member.

If you would like, I can post them hear for download. Better yet I should created a guide, and have them available for download.

Either way. I'll make sure you get a copy if needed.

-mrengles

kduvernay said:

Thanx
Hi i found the DSDT on this page https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=220 in the post of mrengles.

And mrengles i get the AICPM.kext to work with the speedstepper. It was my mistake, i believed that you have the ivy bridge cpu like me. But now thats no problem. Now i want to finf out how we can get sleep working, but at the moment i´m busy at work and have not very much time to do that.

Here is a list of what work on my hack:
- Restart, Shutdown
- Sound with 2 Channels and SPDIF (not tested) on back panel
headphones and mic on the front panel
- Speedstepp with just two steps (16 and 34)
- all USB connectors (USB 3.0 not tested, because have no device)
- all internal SATA with the two 6Gb SATA for my SSD
(its realy much faster with the new mobo and cpu)
- Graphiccard HD4870 full supported (because old ;) )
- FakeSMC with plugin for the mobo to get informations of temperature and so on

what is to do:
- primary get sleep working
- more speedsteps (from 16 to 34) for the ivy bridge cpu to get better powermanagement.

- Overclocking is just intresting for me if all the other things works
- the integrated Intel HD4000 is not intresting for me because I use a dedicated graka

At the moment I usethe 10.7.3 Lion because I need a patched kernel to boot with my cpu so I have to wait until the Bridgehelper 4 is out.

The speed is ok I think. With 3.4 Ghz I get something about 9000 at geekbench (32Bit)

I hope we get sleep to workin the next weeks, because its very annoying to shut the computer down, because i have many Apps with files open i´m working on.

If my english is not so good, then sry for it. I hope yo can understand everything.
If not, just ask! ;)

I'm using a Sandy Bridge CPU i7-2700K with an Ivy Bridge Motherboard P8Z77-M Pro which uses the Z77 Chipset.

I think that DSDT is for BIOS vernon 0801. I also have and edited copy for 1016.

I'm on 10.7.4 right now...

Hey there

Any chance I could get the DSDT for the P8Z77-M Board would be much appreciated

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back