Contribute
Register

ASUS P8z68 Motherboard, i7 2600k, HD 5770, and 8GB of RAM. What am I doing wrong? (POST INSTALL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am able to install OSX Lion using the Unibeast method. I have a legit mac that I am using to troubleshoot. Everything seems to work fine until I start using Multibeast. Im not sure exactly what kexts I need to use based on my hardware. Ethernet seems to be supported out of the box with 10.7, but audio is really tricky to get working correctly.

My Hardware:
i7 2600k (stock, not overclocked)
ASUS p8z68-v LE motherboard
4x 2GB Corsair DDR3 1333mhz RAM
Radeon HD 5770
320GB Laptop Drive (this is an experiment, if it works properly ill do a fresh install on my SSD)
USB Keyboard
USB Mouse

My steps for install:
1. Create USB using unibeast
2. Boot from USB (bios is configured correctly I think: AHCI enabled, s3 suspend im not sure)
3. Point installer to 320GB drive, formatted and all, install runs flawlessly
4. Restart when prompted, OSX boots fine, run Multibeast (not sure of kexts, just installing audio, FAKESMC, and usb3 support.)
5. during this install of kexts is usually where stuff starts to get funny. a bunch of text comes up on my screen saying I need to restart my computer. so I do
6. Cannot boot onto my new install. I repeat step 3 on and try something new.

Please help. Im not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for such a speedy reply. I am still having problems installing kexts in general. Is the kext you mentioned available in multi beast? I am waiting for the install to complete now so I can't check until it is complete.

EDIT: Found it. Successfully installed. Thanks for the help. Now going to restart and try to install more stuff :)

EDIT x2: Installing that kext still doesn't allow me to boot from the HDD, even after installing the boot loader. And now I can't even boot from my USB into OSX. Im gonna call it quits for tonight and pick it up again tomorrow.

Thanks again. Ill search around and give it a few more tries.

Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

Desktop Compatibility -> Lion Desktop Support (forum sections)​

Desktop Compatibility == for existing systems

----------------------------> Forum Rules
<--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back