Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC (x 2)
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Using UniBeast (Mountain Lion 1.5.3) I can Install OS X 10.8. I can then use Multi-Beast (Mountain Lion 5.0.2) I can install Chimera, Audio, and Network drivers. Everything is working great except....The CPU is locked at 1600 MHz. If I install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext I get a CPU locked at 3.4GHz - the non-turbo frequency on the Core i7 CPU in my system.

I have run Lion DSDT-Free using EasyBeast, MultiBeast, and the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patcher SpeedStepper. I'm not opposed to a DSDT solution, I just never found one that worked as reliably as the DSDT Free setup I have been running for a year now. Can anyone familiar with the ASUS P8P67-M PRO help me out to get Mountain Lion running at full speed. For me that's a 4.4 GHz over clock. Thanks.

I finally got turbo-boost working without have to sleep first!

following this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...1180-incredibly-low-benchmark-score-help.html

Only difference is that I used the iMac 12,2 SMBios definition and patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext file from Multibeast - I assumed they were the same. I just patched the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext according to the guide and now everything is working great!

My Intel Core i7 2600K (over-clocked to 4.4GHz_ is giving me a Geekbench score of 15800 -I couldn't be happier.
And I did the 10.8.1 update through the AppStore yesterday with no issues what-so-ever.

Mountain Lion is here to stay on my Hackintosh.

TeamSwitcher.
Can you do a brief writeup on the steps you took? I have the same board and want to attempt the same as you...

did you use a patched bios? what ddst did you use? etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back