Contribute
Register

Asus P8P67-M PRO Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to change my system to a Asus P8P67-M PRO with i5-2500K and a HD5750 (in a SilverStone FT03).

I have a working Hackintosh system now (see signature). If I understand this thread correctly the only thing I have to do is copy the 'boot' file from the Anval ZIP to my SSD, take it out of the old system and install it in the new system and it should boot up correctly? No need to remove DSDT file or other changes?

The problem is that I will have sold my old system (excluding the SSD) before I will get my new system so I must know the above method will work.

After some searching I came upon this thread in Portuguese.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=251123
Just run it through Google Translate.

By using the instructions in the last post I got my P8P67-M PRO working. Just change the busratio to the value corresponding with your CPU. For my i5-2500K it is 29.

Flavio said:
After some searching I came upon this thread in Portuguese.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=251123
Just run it through Google Translate.

By using the instructions in the last post I got my P8P67-M PRO working. Just change the busratio to the value corresponding with your CPU. For my i5-2500K it is 29.

I can't seem to boot into 64bit, mind sharing ur dsdt file?
I am using P8P67 B3 version with i5-2500k.

Thanks.

You can find the DSDT file in the 2ns post of the link I specified.

I have had all sorts of issues the last couple of days with disks corrupting and it turned out one of my RAM modules is defective. Once I figured out which module was the culprit I removed it and ever since the system has worked flawless. This has not been an easy upgrade, it took me 5 whole days to get it all working!

Flavio said:
Has anyone got the Marvell SATA port and/or the Asmedia USB3.0 ports working?
The Marvell SATA 3 ports will only work at SATA II speeds. There are no drivers for the Asmedia USB controller.

MacMan said:
Flavio said:
The Marvell SATA 3 ports will only work at SATA II speeds. There are no drivers for the Asmedia USB controller.

What do I need to get the Marvell ports working. If I connect a HD to it, it isn't recognized?

Flavio said:
MacMan said:
Flavio said:

What do I need to get the Marvell ports working. If I connect a HD to it, it isn't recognized?
Are the ports enabled and configured as AHCI?

I have figured it out now. The Marcell SATA connector does work but does not show up in the BIOS startup sceen and also cannot be set as a boot drive. It does show up in OSX though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back