Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,
I've decided to go with the P8P67-M PRO board from Asus since I'm building a uATX build and it looks like gigabyte does not yet have a P67 uATX model. I'll be posting details here this weekend. I'm aware that this might not work fully right now, but I've got a feeling apple will be adopting these processors this quarter, and we'll have full support in due time. For now, I'll be trying to get this build working and running ubuntu till everything is stable. Feel free to post your efforts on this board here, and good luck!

Good luck. I've got its big brother on the way. I think there are going to be a lot of building happening this weekend. Good to see that the forum is nice and speedy for the pending posts. :thumbup:

I'm waiting to ORDER until you wonderful people figure it out. so thanks in advance.

crispybishop said:
I shall bookmark this thread, as I'll be receiving my P8P67 Deluxe Mobo in the next week. I'm pretty stoked to get this guy working! Let's keep updated as we traverse the bridges of hackdom.

Cool, I plan on moving to this platform as well. :clap:

crispybishop said:
mistermarkd said:
I'm waiting to ORDER until you wonderful people figure it out. so thanks in advance.

Ah, where's your sense of adventure, mate?

Just out of interest, did you get the Eyefinity 5870 for compatibility with the Apple Cinema Screen (Mini DisplayPort)?

UPS just dropped off the goods. I've got the P8P67 PRO. Problem is: I'm a noob at all this o_O. I'll be watching this spot over the weekend. We've got some catching up to do with the Gigabyte folks...

Yoga said:
crispybishop said:
mistermarkd said:

Ah, where's your sense of adventure, mate?

Just out of interest, did you get the Eyefinity 5870 for compatibility with the Apple Cinema Screen (Mini DisplayPort)?

In partiality, yes...but not exclusively. I make a living doing video editing and need a workstation-class hackintosh without spending the workstation-related costs. In video editing, high Core & Memory Clock Rates are key, and the Radeon HD 5870 has the highest Clock Rate of *any* ATI card around (@850MHz, @1200MHz Memory Clock). That, and it comes with a hi-class 2GB vram! The Eyefinity version of this card has the same specs, but with the 6 Display Ports added...so why not spring for that one?

The only cards that are faster are the 6870 & the 6970...and those are just beyond my budget. The FirePro 3D V9800 has the same speed, but twice again the RAM...for quite a bit too. No NVidia cards have even come close to the 850MHz except for the GTX 560, which is 820MHz.

All-in-all...being able to hook up 6 cinema displays down the line while having the fastest GPU on the market is pretty great. Especially for $380 on Amazon!

big love for multi-monitors!

or one 30 inch cinema display and up to 5 cheap monitors. Don't forget to do one vertical, it's more useful than you expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back