Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm looking to partition an SSD into three operating systems.

40GB Mavericks 10.9.2
40GB Ubuntu 14.04
100GB Windows 8.1 Pro

I have been trying for a while to get mavericks to install on this new SSD but to no avail. I've patched the Bios to fix the locked MSR issue using PMPatch. See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/ for more details. I've tried creating a Clover mavericks USB and it couldn't even get to the EFI menu. But i have a feeling that some of the guides i've followed aren't up to date, or are specific to different systems or situations. If anyone could give me a hand that would be great.

I'm looking to partition an SSD into three operating systems.

40GB Mavericks 10.9.2
40GB Ubuntu 14.04
100GB Windows 8.1 Pro

I have been trying for a while to get mavericks to install on this new SSD but to no avail. I've patched the Bios to fix the locked MSR issue using PMPatch. See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/ for more details. I've tried creating a Clover mavericks USB and it couldn't even get to the EFI menu. But i have a feeling that some of the guides i've followed aren't up to date, or are specific to different systems or situations. If anyone could give me a hand that would be great.

What happened with your Clover USB? It can be a little tricky to configure Clover correctly...

I used the guide on this site to create a Mavericks Clover USB stick. I re-did the guide after starting this thread, hoping i might have missed something. I get the UEFI to show but the installation isn't working. I used the HD4600 config file and didn't include a DSDT since it was listed as optional, but this could be the reason why it wasn't installing. It could also be the config file since my laptop has the Nvidia gt 750m as well as HD4600. Not sure if there was a step required to only use the intel graphics and ignore the Nvidia card. I also wasn't sure where i would be getting or how to build a DSDT file for my laptop. The previous Hackintosh i build was a desktop with compatible components. This obviously made the experience easier lol.

I used the guide on this site to create a Mavericks Clover USB stick. I re-did the guide after starting this thread, hoping i might have missed something. I get the UEFI to show but the installation isn't working. I used the HD4600 config file and didn't include a DSDT since it was listed as optional, but this could be the reason why it wasn't installing. It could also be the config file since my laptop has the Nvidia gt 750m as well as HD4600. Not sure if there was a step required to only use the intel graphics and ignore the Nvidia card. I also wasn't sure where i would be getting or how to build a DSDT file for my laptop. The previous Hackintosh i build was a desktop with compatible components. This obviously made the experience easier lol.

What is the issue? Did you use KernelPm and KernelLapic flags in your config.plist?

No I didn't but I will try again next week and bring back more info. Had to put my laptop back into a stable state for a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back