Contribute
Register

Asus Maximus VII Hero Motherboard Kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, thank you for the help Leon. I will be posting back on this thread if I have any success.

Edit: Yes I am using that SupremeFX Audio 2014

Edit2: I know before I had an issue with the vital kexts to boot, and I had to create a new EFI partition (using a guide on this site), and then weirdly put the kexts back onto my regular mac partition and everything worked. So hopefully I don't have to go through the same process every time I need to update my kext files, although I do not think that is the case because the Fake SMC did indeed fix my video issues.

Well, unfortunately other people have this problem as well with SupremeFX 2014. The only way that you can get audio from the speakers is to use a USB adapter such as this or you can try another green audio port if you have any and hope that Voodoo recognizes that port. Sorry about that.

And you won't have to reapply FakeSMC or anything else when updating except TRIM (if you're using a SSD) or audio kexts. You can always keep track of what you need to apply when a new update comes out by keeping an eye on this site, tonymacx86.com. This site will always release information about a new update and what you'll need to do so you don't need to worry about it. I highly suggest that you check in here again on the homepage before updating so you'll know what problems you might face when upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back