Contribute
Register

Asus G750JX

Status
Not open for further replies.
All on one line, as I wrote... Getting nothing from the result of that command means that your kernel does not have that symbol and will evidently keep a lot of kexts from loading. And my 10.8.5 kernel has it. So there is something wrong with the kernel you're using. It is not valid for 10.8.5 and is not going to work.

So is there any other kernel I should try? With the default one, my computer resets after loading all the kexts regardless of what bootflags I use.

So is there any other kernel I should try? With the default one, my computer resets after loading all the kexts regardless of what bootflags I use.

Part of me thinks this issue will not be resolved until Apple releases the source code to the 10.8.5 mach_kernel (couple of months?). Then, those that understand the kernel... .how to modify/debug it can make the necessary changes or come up with a patch for your scenario.

BTW, you should try the KernelPatcher module in Chameleon if you haven't already...

Part of me thinks this issue will not be resolved until Apple releases the source code to the 10.8.5 mach_kernel (couple of months?). Then, those that understand the kernel... .how to modify/debug it can make the necessary changes or come up with a patch for your scenario.

BTW, you should try the KernelPatcher module in Chameleon if you haven't already...

I haven't tried that. How do I access/use that?

You can install it with Chameleon Wizard.
Yea that didn't work either, with the default kernel and using that it still restarts after loading kexts. I guess I'll have to wait then..

Check this thread which I created...and the instructions there stated u can install...dunno might help u. They said something about some kernels needed for the laptop.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/292631-Is-my-Laptop-Compatible-to-run-Mac?

There's nothing that helpful on there. Well, if anyone finds anything that could help or if someone manages to successfully get to the installer screen on the same machine I have or a similar machine, please post to share how you managed to do so. Until then, I guess I won't be able to install mountain lion on my machine:beachball:

Just downloaded Mavericks and set up a usb installer for that with unibeast and I get the same result, force reset immediately after loading all kexts

Brandon.. ASUS G750JX just arrived for me.. I'll try everything I know in installing OSX and will report here.. Hopefully it's something stupid that we are all overlooking.

guys im the owner of an acer aspire V3 772G ... and encountering the same problem as you with the reboot after loading the kext list... i got pointed to this topic by rehabman, is there anyone so far who got past this booting problem? cause i'd like to run Mavericks on my new laptop.

Thank you ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back