Register

Asus G750JX

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS G750JX meet OSX Mavericks :) :)

IMG_20131102_071552.jpg

IMG_20131102_072412.jpg

Here's the status!

GTX 770M natively recognized! No Multibeast!
USB 3.0 natively recognized!
Intel 8-series chipset natively recognized!
SSD drive natively recognized!
Ethernet Atheros natively recognized!
Sleep/Shutdown works!
Touchpad Works!!

QE/CI Working!!!!!!

It seems that for this to be a working machine I need to figure out Wireless radios and Audio and we are done!!!!

I need some help setting up bootloader. For some reason now the BIOS won't see the SSD drive. It will only see the Windows 1tb one.

Unfortunately the bootloader is not on that drive. Is there a way to install Chameleon on Windows 8 so when it boots it shows me the OSX partition as well?

Anyone?

Hello bozster
congrats on your mavericks installation.
even my laptop is rebooting before reaching the installer. I have a lenovo y410p
with i7 4700mq and nvidia gt 750m.
I will surely try your patched kernel guide
but what i didnt understand is the part where your installation failed at the end coz of you startup disk.
how did you finish installing mavericks???
thank you
sorry for long post ;)

Hello bozster
congrats on your mavericks installation.
even my laptop is rebooting before reaching the installer. I have a lenovo y410p
with i7 4700mq and nvidia gt 750m.
I will surely try your patched kernel guide
but what i didnt understand is the part where your installation failed at the end coz of you startup disk.
how did you finish installing mavericks???
thank you
sorry for long post ;)

No.. the thing was that Mavericks was complaining about the startup disc and user selecting it on boot.. the installation is completely.. all the files are copied but since installation couldn't read the startup disc that I installed OSX on it complained. It still works fine.

What I did is basically reboot into Windows, I had Paragon HFS+ to read Mavericks install in Windows and went and replaced the kernel on HDD MAvericks installation.. that was it. Booted up from the USB stick as a bootloader, picked Mavericks HDD and it all worked.

Bozster you are amazing :)
I followed your method with replacing the mach kernel file :) and my mavericks installation starts on my Acer,

Though I have 1 problem. :p the installer starts on a screen that it wants to pair a bluetooth keyboard, does that mean i have to disable my bluetooth somehow or just attach an USB Keyboard?

Many thanks ^.^
EDIT:
Nevermind guys, attaching a keyboard is indeed what i need, i never had this problem before on installing OSX so thats why i asked :)

Hi,
great work youve done here Bozster :)
drifting over from ROG... managed to get mavericks to load only by removing all the NV.. kexts. obviously i have low resolution though. i will add all your files and reinstall the NV ones and see what happens.

with the clover bootloader do i need a gpt disk? i am using mbr as i use BootIT to multiboot several versions of windows.
did you get chameleon/chimera to work or was that abandoned for clover?
i assume that the bios uefi is left switched off for all this.

@Ventus: when installer asks for a bluetooth keyboard just press <spacebar> and you can use your keyboard (nice one apple)

So I followed this guide and almost everything worked like a charm! The only issue I have is that common, can't connect to icloud server thing. This prevents me from using facetime, imessage, and i cloud but itunes and the app store work just fine. I tried putting generated serials into my SMBIOS via chameleon wizard and also via that clover config program. If anyone finds some way to get this working let me know. But aside from that everything is great! Thanks a ton!

set yourself a new wifi module. now wifi works. decided to upgrade the system, then I can not boot. What to do? updated to 10.9.2

Okay.. so I went through the procedure a couple of times and you really don't need any flags.

1. Make Unibeast with the latest Mavericks from App store
2. Add support for laptop
3. When Unibeast is done, go and just replace the mach_kernel with 10.9 patched kernel (I used this one: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3631-kernel-os-x-mavericks-109-amd/ but it might work with this one too: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3563-109-gm-ivy-bridge-e-kernel/ )
4. Same instructions go as we have noted in this thread with enabling CSM and that other option and disable VT-d
5. Boot into installer without any flags.. just hit enter on Unibeast. Wait a bit because it will take a while and it will boot up installer.

IMG_20131102_061704.jpg

Now, I installed it, but the problem was that at the end of the installation installer tells me there's a problem with my startup disk and that it can't finish because of it.. not sure what's up with that.

My plan of attack now is to try to install Mavericks to SSD drive and then install Windows 8 on 1tb HDD and install Paragon HFS+ and if all goes well I can replace the mach_kernel on the SSD installation of Mavericks and hopefully it will boot into it from the drive.

We'll see.. will keep folks posted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi friend, did not understand the procedure you did.
I have the same problem at the end of installation.
I do not have SSD in my computer.

helpme pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back