Contribute
Register

Asus G750JX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this booting the Unibeast USB? Created with latest Unibeast? Genuine Mac App Store download? What mods have you made to the USB after Unibeast created it?

Yes, latest version of UniBeast with a Genuine App Store download. I used the mach_kernel and I tried removing all graphics kexts. Without slayers kernel, the installer would crash immediately after loading all kexts

Yes, latest version of unibeast with a Genuine App Store download. I used the mach_kernel and I tried removing all graphics kexts. Without slayers kernel, the installer would crash immediately after loading all kexts

You didn't answer my first question. Is this booting the installer or booting your partition after install?

You didn't answer my first question. Is this booting the installer or booting your partition after install?

This is booting from the installer. I haven't installed anything on the partition I designated for mountain lion yet.

This is booting from the installer. I haven't installed anything on the partition I designated for mountain lion yet.

Just to clarify...

Furthermore, you don't even have a "designated ML partition" yet... Because that is something you do in Disk Utility *after* you have reached the installer. Right?

Technically not I guess. I have a hard drive thats set up with a GUID Partition table and have a partition of that that I'm planning on installing mountain lion on. But that's irrelevant at the moment. My problem is that I can't get to the installer screen right now to actually install mountain lion.

Technically not I guess. I have a hard drive thats set up with a GUID Partition table and have a partition of that that I'm planning on installing mountain lion on. But that's irrelevant at the moment. My problem is that I can't get to the installer screen right now to actually install mountain lion.

OK, thanks for the clarification...

What boot flags are you using?

Try GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f UseKernelCache=No -v

OK, thanks for the clarification...

What boot flags are you using?

Try GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f UseKernelCache=No -v

I've tried most combinations of boot flags including GraphicsEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -v -f UseKernelCache=Yes, UseKernelCache=No, PCIRootUID=0, etc.

I just tried again with what you said and it still didn't boot and showed this:
image.jpg

I've tried most combinations of boot flags including GraphicsEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -v -f UseKernelCache=Yes, UseKernelCache=No, PCIRootUID=0, etc.

I just tried again with what you said and it still didn't boot and showed this:
View attachment 69636

If you run the following command on the kernel you have, what is the output:
Code:
# in Terminal
nm mach_kernel | grep -y acpi_idle

??

If you run the following command on the kernel you have, what is the output:
Code:
# in Terminal
nm mach_kernel | grep -y acpi_idle

??

Do I run that all in one line? Because when I do that, nothing happens. If i run nm mach_kernel by itself I get a big list of stuff. Is that what you want?

Do I run that all in one line? Because when I do that, nothing happens. If i run nm mach_kernel by itself I get a big list of stuff. Is that what you want?

All on one line, as I wrote... Getting nothing from the result of that command means that your kernel does not have that symbol and will evidently keep a lot of kexts from loading. And my 10.8.5 kernel has it. So there is something wrong with the kernel you're using. It is not valid for 10.8.5 and is not going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back