Contribute
Register

Asus G750JX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to cover all of it in the video. I'm recording it right now. Should be able to have it up sometime to night if the internet is running well and can upload it in a decent amount of time.

Alright, here is the video I promised.

[video=youtube_share;MiyB5R5iY68]http://youtu.be/MiyB5R5iY68[/video]

I didn't go through the entire process as my camera was about to die and I was trying to get it up fast. However, it should answer a number of questions you all had and should help you get to the point of booting the installer.

I am in the process of testing other methods of booting to the installer (currently I am working on booting to it with a 10.8.5 build and the kernel). I will be sure to keep you posted on my progress.

Also, here is the SMBios I used, per your request:
View attachment SMBios.zip

I didn't go through the entire process as my camera was about to die and I was trying to get it up fast. However, it should answer a number of questions you all had and should help you get to the point of booting the installer.

I am in the process of testing other methods of booting to the installer (currently I am working on booting to it with a 10.8.5 build and the kernel). I will be sure to keep you posted on my progress.

View attachment 71607

Great man! Fantastic video.. clarifies the problems.. It seems that there's something going on with Unibeast thing. I'll try the exact same way you did..

Now, it is possible that both Brandon and I are using bios version 208 so that might be causing issues but it could also be the other USB boot maker.

Your SMBios is huge help too so thanks for that as well... I will follow your steps and try to use mac book air 6.1 SMBios settings to see if that changes anything but this is now a great jumping off point.

Btw, the reason you mistyped -x parameter in boot when you did that's why you saw the grey screen immediately without the actual verbose text.

Thanks again! Btw, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa..

I'll try here on my lappy so maybe we can report back all of us with JX here so we can help each other getting this to work.

The fact that you are running installer is definitely a HUGE step forward thanks to Slayer's kernel mod.. so the fact that we are getting installation is at least moving forward :)

Great job.

View attachment 71607

Let me know when you try with 10.8.5

I'm doing your steps and settings with 10.8.5 but boot stops on

IMG_20131029_013317.jpg

Alright, here is where I am with getting to the installer for 10.8.5.

If I go through the same setup I listed before I get stopped at this screen:

photo (2).jpg

I still don't understand what is causing these images to upload upside down. Either way, here is what it stops at:

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused.

-----

I have narrowed the cause of the error.

If I use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext provided by slayer the system hangs (see picture above).
If I use the default kext that was in the folder to begin with, I get a kernel panic saying ACPI platform driver could not be found (or some other nonsense). I've encountered this error before and got around it by moving to 10.8.4 if I recall. I've tried using other boot arguments to fix this, but it's a no go.

Alright, here is where I am with getting to the installer for 10.8.5.

If I go through the same setup I listed before I get stopped at this screen:

View attachment 71721

I still don't understand what is causing these images to upload upside down. Either way, here is what it stops at:

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused.

-----

I have narrowed the cause of the error.

If I use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext provided by slayer the system hangs (see picture above).
If I use the default kext that was in the folder to begin with, I get a kernel panic saying ACPI platform driver could not be found (or some other nonsense). I've encountered this error before and got around it by moving to 10.8.4 if I recall. I've tried using other boot arguments to fix this, but it's a no go.

Unfortunately I get the same thing with 10.8.4 and 10.8.5 hangs at the exact same spot you mentioned.

ACPIPlatform is causing it. I think it also has something to do with BIOS 208 we are using and BIOS 206 you are using.. I will try to downgrade to 206 and see if I can install 10.8.4 like you have. So far I have not found a way to get to installer at all and it's the same freakin' laptop :)

Great news guys!

I managed to get the Mavericks installer to show up.. I'm installing now..

No files to replace necessary.

I just found a patched Mavericks kernel and replaced it when Unibeast did it's thing.

Booted with -v -f graphicsenabler=no npci=0x3000 and BOOM! it went into the installer!

Now I'm installing so hopefully I get it to work on reboot.. Stay tuned.

That's Great News Man!! I have been watching this thread since a lot. I have a laptop with 207 bios of Asus G750JX. So can you upload all the necessary files so that can download? will i have to update to 208 or kepp the bios as it is?

Okay.. so I went through the procedure a couple of times and you really don't need any flags.

1. Make Unibeast with the latest Mavericks from App store
2. Add support for laptop
3. When Unibeast is done, go and just replace the mach_kernel with 10.9 patched kernel (I used this one: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3631-kernel-os-x-mavericks-109-amd/ but it might work with this one too: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3563-109-gm-ivy-bridge-e-kernel/ )
4. Same instructions go as we have noted in this thread with enabling CSM and that other option and disable VT-d
5. Boot into installer without any flags.. just hit enter on Unibeast. Wait a bit because it will take a while and it will boot up installer.

IMG_20131102_061704.jpg

Now, I installed it, but the problem was that at the end of the installation installer tells me there's a problem with my startup disk and that it can't finish because of it.. not sure what's up with that.

My plan of attack now is to try to install Mavericks to SSD drive and then install Windows 8 on 1tb HDD and install Paragon HFS+ and if all goes well I can replace the mach_kernel on the SSD installation of Mavericks and hopefully it will boot into it from the drive.

We'll see.. will keep folks posted.

Great news guys! I booted into Mavericks installed to the drive! We are getting closer!!!

IMG_20131102_071006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back