Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 460M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys, I have upgraded to El Capitan and I have noticed that shut down does not work anymore after the upgrade, albeit it used to work flawlessly back in the Yosemite (and previous) days.

A few seconds after the shutdown procedure the screen goes blank, but the fans keep spinning. In fact, after some 30 seconds they spin at fast speed. The only thing to do is press down the power button and go for manual shut down.

My system is the one described in the signature. Of course I use Clover and patched DSDT/SSDT.

Thank you in advance for your help.

uefi or legacy? probably usb related.http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

off-topic what are using for audio. if its patched AppleHDA can you post it?

Sorry, I've been away for Christmas holidays. Anwyay, I'm using UEFI with Clover. USB ports are working fine, could it still be related to them? I should mention I have 3 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 Fresco Logic chipset.

For AppleHDA audio I've been using Mirome patched kexts. I should probably at some point learn how to patch them myself. Kext is ALC269 for G73something. Quite close to my laptop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back