Contribute
Register

Assistance with Asus q400a Yosemite Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, it finally woks!!
IMG_0304.jpg
Thanks for all the help.

Now that I've got Yosemite installed, I am trying to install clover to my HDD.
I followed the post install section of the guide and these are the options I selected:
- checked "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" also selected
- checked "Bluemac"
- checked "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI
- checked "Install RC scripts on target volume"
- tried with and without "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes"
- checked "Install Clover Preference Pane"
- tried with and without "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi"

Clover installs fine and I reboot. I can see Mac_HDD as a boot option but when I try to boot from it, it says Reboot and Select proper Boot device. However, if I boot from my installer flash drive and then select Mac_HDD it works fine.

Here is a picture of my Clover_Install_Log.txt file.
IMG_0308.jpg

Also some of the options in clover show up as zero KB. Is this normal?
IMG_0307.jpg

Should I try unchecking "Install for UEFI booting only"? I also tried without "Install Clover in the ESP" checked and it didn't help.
Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Apparently I don't have an EFI System Partition, or does it just not show up in disk utility?
IMG_0309.jpg

How can I go about creating one? I'm unsure how to do that and I really don't want to mess up my Mac install. Thanks

View attachment 122080
Thanks for all the help.

I followed the post install section of the guide and these are the options I selected:
- checked "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" also selected
- checked "Bluemac"

Clover installs fine and I reboot. I can see Mac_HDD as a boot option but when I try to boot from it, it says Reboot and Select proper Boot device. However, if I boot from my installer flash drive and then select Mac_HDD it works fine.

View attachment 122081

View attachment 122082

Should I try unchecking "Install for UEFI booting only"? I also tried without "Install Clover in the ESP" checked and it didn't help.

Did you copy the correct config.plist to EFI/Clover/config.plist?

Thank you for the tip about debug mode, that is very helpful.
I also found a setting under System Preferences -> Clover -> NVRam Variables that force mounts the EFI partition when mac boots, making it show up under devices.

As for the config.plist file, I have tried two. One generated from attempting to install clover to my hard drive, and one from my usb installer.
I tried replacing the config.plist from installing clover to my hard drive with the one I used in the usb installer and it still did not work. Not sure if this is helpful, but the config file from installing to my hard drive is significantly longer than the one from my usb installer.

I don't know which, if either, is correct. How do I determine which one I should use?
Here are my config.plist files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByJZJ9poWN1gZVJvV2JuVWdwRVE&usp=sharing

Here is what happens when I attempt to boot.
IMG_0334.jpg
Which is odd because when I go to boot devices it lists Mac OS X.
IMG_0335.jpg
It's like it sees that partition as bootable but can't launch Clover when I try to actually boot from it. I have to plug in my flash drive (the KingstonDataTraveler) to boot into Mac. I installed Windows 7 along side this and Windows won't boot without a flashdrive either.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• USBInstaller-config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 173
  • HardDriveInstall-config.plist
    16.2 KB · Views: 186
As for the config.plist file, I have tried two. One generated from attempting to install clover to my hard drive, and one from my usb installer.

To start, the config.plist should the the same that you used to boot the installer. Read the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

The default config.plist provided by the Clover installer is universally wrong.

Here is what happens when I attempt to boot.
View attachment 122817
Which is odd because when I go to boot devices it lists Mac OS X.
View attachment 122818

Check your BIOS options for UEFI boot entries. Each BIOS varies, so it is up to you to investigate your own system.

Thank you, I will try swapping out my config.plist.

Unfortunately my BIOS doesn't have very advanced boot settings.
- I can enable / disable CSM:
IMG_0344.jpgIMG_0343.jpg
Disabling CSM results in the computer not seeing my hard drive and booting straight into BIOS.

- I can also add a boot option:
IMG_0341.jpg

"Add boot option" just allows you to enter a name for the bootable device.
"Select Filesystem" only has one option available.
However, a path to the boot option must be entered. The example path given is fsx:\path\filename.efi.

I think the problem might be my BIOS not automatically finding the bootable EFI partition. It must be trying to boot directly from Mac OSX which isn't actually bootable, instead of the EFI partition.

How can I figure out what the path should be? I think it just needs to point to the EFI file in the EFI partition but I could be wrong.

Thank you, I will try swapping out my config.plist.

Unfortunately my BIOS doesn't have very advanced boot settings.
- I can enable / disable CSM:
View attachment 122821View attachment 122822
Disabling CSM results in the computer not seeing my hard drive and booting straight into BIOS.

- I can also add a boot option:
View attachment 122825

"Add boot option" just allows you to enter a name for the bootable device.
"Select Filesystem" only has one option available.
However, a path to the boot option must be entered. The example path given is fsx:\path\filename.efi.

I think the problem might be my BIOS not automatically finding the bootable EFI partition. It must be trying to boot directly from Mac OSX which isn't actually bootable, instead of the EFI partition.

How can I figure out what the path should be? I think it just needs to point to the EFI file in the EFI partition but I could be wrong.

You should read your user guide and/or service manual.

View attachment 122080
Thanks for all the help.

- checked "Bluemac"

View attachment 122081

View attachment 122082

What did you do to get it working? I'm trying to setup the exact same laptop.

I'm stuck at the point where it complains about bluetooth transport. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back