Contribute
Register

"ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)"

don't forget to reset nvram when you make any changes to your EFI

don't forget to reset nvram when you make any changes to your EFI
how can I do this? is it mentioned on the guide?

should be at the opencore picker
firstly there was not the option for reseting the NVRAM on the opencore picker, even after enabling "show auxiliary".
secondly I followed this guide, spesifically the part for ivy bridge cpu (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-installer-using-opencore.296375/post-2108796)(the second post that is for the different cpu configurations) but this time i come across a different error that i think it says that a kernel panic happened,is this correct?
EDIT : after the error is shown on the screen for 2-3 seconds the pc restarts on its own

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-10-132805.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 1
firstly there was not the option for reseting the NVRAM on the opencore picker, even after enabling "show auxiliary".
secondly I followed this guide, spesifically the part for ivy bridge cpu (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-installer-using-opencore.296375/post-2108796)(the second post that is for the different cpu configurations) but this time i come across a different error that i think it says that a kernel panic happened,is this correct?
EDIT : after the error is shown on the screen for 2-3 seconds the pc restarts on its own
you need to add it in here (you seemed to have removed it as it was present in your files from post 21)

Code:
<key>Drivers</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>LoadEarly</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>HfsPlusLegacy.efi</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>LoadEarly</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>HfsPlusLegacy.efi</string>
            </dict>
        </array>

you need to add it in here (you seemed to have removed it as it was present in your files from post 21)
I added it but it didn't change anything. Also this is the log to see if it says something important

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-10-174650.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
those files are not from the guide

those files are not from the guide
i did everything that was said on the guide, but on an efi folder that i had made myself(because when i used the efi folder that was provided, with the nessesairy kexts and drivers of cource, i could only see a black screen), i just added some kekts and a driver

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-10-201722.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
Back