Motherboard
dell inspiron 5520
CPU
i3-3110M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am new into hackintoching and this is my first time trying to make a bootable usb for macos and after hours researching I was making some progress until I got stuck with this specific error and there are no results on the internet on how to solve it or at least what is causing these errors to appear. Is it a compatibility issue or is it happening because of the lack of drivers,kexts or if i have made something wrong while trying to configure the .plist. The computer im trying to install macos is the dell inspiron 5520 with the intel i3-3110m, intel hd 4000 integrated graphics. I will include the .plist file as well as the opencore log. NOTE: I am using the OpenCore debug version 0.9.9

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-01-151827.txt
    256 KB · Views: 10
  • config.plist
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
You have no kexts enabled in your config.plist.

I am new into hackintoching and this is my first time trying to make a bootable usb for macos and after hours researching I was making some progress until I got stuck with this specific error and there are no results on the internet on how to solve it or at least what is causing these errors to appear. Is it a compatibility issue or is it happening because of the lack of drivers,kexts or if i have made something wrong while trying to configure the .plist. The computer im trying to install macos is the dell inspiron 5520 with the intel i3-3110m, intel hd 4000 integrated graphics. I will include the .plist file as well as the opencore log. NOTE: I am using the OpenCore debug version 0.9.9
Your config.plist has errors.
Try to ocvalidate it.

Also do not activate (enable) items you do not need.
I'll try to correct it for you, but is only the first step in a (possibly) long journey.

======

See @P1LGRIM advice.
The attached file is ocvalidate-d. Check it and then move/add/delete the appropriate files in the appropriate folders.

Cheers :)

Attachments

• config_vers_0.1.plist.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You have no kexts enabled in your config.plist.
I made some changes and I included the kexts on the file this time
Your config.plist has errors.
Try to ocvalidate it.
I have ocvalidated more that 5 times and it never showed any errors, which is really weird
Also do not activate (enable) items you do not need.
I'll try to correct it for you, but is only the first step in a (possibly) long journey.

======

See @@P1LGRIM advice.
The attached file is ocvalidate-d. Check it and then move/add/delete the appropriate files in the appropriate folders.

Thank you for helping , I will check the file you sent to see if I get a different outcome this time

I used the file you privided me and this time it got stuck on watchdog status is 0. I will incude the opencore log so it will be easier to identify the cause of the crash. NOTE : this happens after I boot from the usb

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-01-233743.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
I made some changes and I included the kexts on the file this time

I have ocvalidated more that 5 times and it never showed any errors, which is really weird

Thank you for helping , I will check the file you sent to see if I get a different outcome this time
Hello,

Your first config.plist (see post #1 above) had errors.
Here is the validation command :
1712004895036.png

My attached file config_vers_01.plist was created for your information related to the errors presented here ( do not use it as is, you need to add / delete entries).

When creating a full working EFI folder, you should always follow Dortania's procedure from scratch.
Some times, you may check/inspect other people's files/folders and compare with your similar items.

You may also use OC 0.9.9 RELEASE Edition instead of DEBUG Edition !

Last edited:

My attached file config_vers_01.plist was created for your information related to the errors presented here ( do not use it as is, you need to add / delete entries).

When creating a full working EFI folder, you should always follow Dortania's procedure from scratch.
Some times, you may check/inspect other people's files/folders and compare with your similar items.

You may also use OC 0.9.9 RELEASE Edition instead of DEBUG Edition !
I got it to work, now I can see the opencore picker but now i gat the error "osX is not supported on this device" when I select the macos intaller. I have seen that I could fix this by changing the SMBIOS, is that correct?

I got it to work, now I can see the opencore picker but now i gat the error "osX is not supported on this device" when I select the macos intaller. I have seen that I could fix this by changing the SMBIOS, is that correct?
yes

May be keep your SMBIOS and try a previous version, i.e. Big Sur .

Back