Contribute
Register

AsRock X299 Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I succeeded to boot with OC :headbang: .... with the same slow booting sequence ....
Hi @oli.mathieu I come back on the thread : I observed with Clover that about 25% of the boot process is busy loading AppleALC.kext: it may therefore be better to try it without, to see if the boot time becomes faster.
If successful we will use another resource for audio.
( i removed it on my GA X299 UD4 build)

Hi @oli.mathieu I come back on the thread : I observed with Clover that about 25% of the boot process is busy loading AppleALC.kext: it may therefore be better to try it without, to see if the boot time becomes faster.
If successful we will use another resource for audio.
( i removed it on my GA X299 UD4 build)
Thanks
no improvement with appleALC.kext disable in OC config.plist

As a reminder :
This only happens with 10900X
no slow boot with 7940X ...

Keep searching ;)

Thanks
no improvement with appleALC.kext disable in OC config.plist

As a reminder :
This only happens with 10900X
no slow boot with 7940X ...

Keep searching ;)
Ok, yes I remember about the 10900X : my issue with AppleALC.kext is not appropriate for your slow boot sequence and you have not encountered any problems with it.

@oli.mathieu @Loloflatsix - It looks like Slow boot is set by default in the bios on this board to aid in successful booting/debugging. It down clocks the CPU during boot.

Go to overclocking -> CPU -> and scroll down and set "boot performance mode" to "maximum performance". According to the manual this controls "Select the performance state that the BIOS will set before OS handoff." So it makes sense that this is what causes it to only be slow during first part of boot.

@oli.mathieu - this is different than "fast boot" - fast boot will disable your ability to use keyboard controls during boot (even at the boot picker screen)

@oli.mathieu Intel Wifi on the board is vendor 8086, device 0x2723, sub device 0x0084.

Located at PC00 / RP03

@oli.mathieu @Loloflatsix - It looks like Slow boot is set by default in the bios on this board to aid in successful booting/debugging. It down clocks the CPU during boot.

Go to overclocking -> CPU -> and scroll down and set "boot performance mode" to "maximum performance". According to the manual this controls "Select the performance state that the BIOS will set before OS handoff." So it makes sense that this is what causes it to only be slow during first part of boot.

@oli.mathieu - this is different than "fast boot" - fast boot will disable your ability to use keyboard controls during boot (even at the boot picker screen)

it appears that overclocking -> CPU -> "boot performance mode" is already set to "maximum performance"
I tried "Maximum efficiency", same slow boot
thanks again
@oli.mathieu Intel Wifi on the board is vendor 8086, device 0x2723, sub device 0x0084.
Located at PC00 / RP03
Clever
noted .. I'll investigate further

@mbi7 did your succeed to do a specific USB.kext for the mobo ?
I'm trying to clean my OC/clover Folder
I think I have too many SSDTs ...
Can you share EFI folder or at least APCI, Kext & Driver folder ?
thanks

Attachments

• APCI-patched.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 56
@mbi7 did your succeed to do a specific USB.kext for the mobo ?
I think I have too many SSDTs ...

I didn't make a usb kext yet, but plan to, only for the xhci controller (I don't think xhc2 or xhc4 need one, except for small issue with xhc4 cosmetically showing 5gbps connection with 10gbps usb 3.1gen2 devices)

No luck with native Nvram yet, this config uses emulated nvram, so you'd need to follow OC instructions to use their logouthook.command to setup a file write on shutdown.

I'm also trying to figure out what is not needed in my aml patches, still looking at logs to see renames that have been duplicated, etc. So my EFI is still a work in progress.

Recent developments with radeonboost.kext added with @CMMChris notes on properties to add alongside his power play table have fixed my Radeon VII performance issues. I haven't made a custom power play table, just adding properties.

I'm on OpenCore 0.58 so there are some schema changes. In particular with APFS so you cant use this config on an older version. I'm not sure on license for kexts and OC, so I don't want to upload the whole EFI but I'll share the config, the ACPI, and screenshots. I have opencanopy and icons installed so you'd need to follow the oc instructions on downloading those resources. You'd need to remove/change anything I have set for my VII.

Off the top of my head I've changed ssdt-plug to get cpuPM working, attempted a few things with PMC and SBUS. Also the config has platform info stripped out so you'd want to review and add what you need there.

Attachments

• struct1-fs8.png
    struct1-fs8.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 47
  • struct2-fs8.png
    struct2-fs8.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 45
  • config058.plist
    28.2 KB · Views: 63
  • ACPI.zip
    35.7 KB · Views: 57
I didn't make a usb kext yet, but plan to, only for the xhci controller (I don't think xhc2 or xhc4 need one, except for small issue with xhc4 cosmetically showing 5gbps connection with 10gbps usb 3.1gen2 devices)

No luck with native Nvram yet, this config uses emulated nvram, so you'd need to follow OC instructions to use their logouthook.command to setup a file write on shutdown.

I'm also trying to figure out what is not needed in my aml patches, still looking at logs to see renames that have been duplicated, etc. So my EFI is still a work in progress.

Recent developments with radeonboost.kext added with @CMMChris notes on properties to add alongside his power play table have fixed my Radeon VII performance issues. I haven't made a custom power play table, just adding properties.

I'm on OpenCore 0.58 so there are some schema changes. In particular with APFS so you cant use this config on an older version. I'm not sure on license for kexts and OC, so I don't want to upload the whole EFI but I'll share the config, the ACPI, and screenshots. I have opencanopy and icons installed so you'd need to follow the oc instructions on downloading those resources. You'd need to remove/change anything I have set for my VII.

Off the top of my head I've changed ssdt-plug to get cpuPM working, attempted a few things with PMC and SBUS. Also the config has platform info stripped out so you'd want to review and add what you need there.
I followed the Opencore guide once again this morning
Two things about your files :
In the config.plist you don't have Trim patch enable for your SSDs
A recent change in SSDT-AWAC happens for our mobo
capture 2020-05-05 à 22.01.17.png

I will take care of the nvram soon.
I attached my APCI folder ...
Thank again

Attachments

• ACPI X299 CRT.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Some news
Still got the slow boot :thumbdown (investigating my SSDTs)
Runs perfectly with OC 0.5.8 and Catalina 10.15.4
OC 0.5.8
- doesn't need Apfsdriver.efi:clap:
- with OpenCanopy, there is a GUI
- I can' manage to get nvram on my SSD ... but it has worked on my USB stick (I don't know how :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back