Register

AsRock X299 Creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I started from scratch (with 10900X) :
  1. Cloning Catalina Drive
  2. Installing latest clover version 5115
  3. adding ACPI, Kext and UEFI from my other Running UEFI
  4. In the UEFI setup (BIOS) SSD appears in SATA page but not in the BOOT page :confused:
  5. I plugged the SSD to another SATA port
  6. In the UEFI setup (BIOS) SSD appears in SATA page and the BOOT page :thumbup:
  7. booting in verbose mode
  8. stuck .... no in fact it is very very slow :shifty: (1 line each second) ... I never saw that
  9. then "in the middle" of the verbose mode it goes as fast as usual and finally boots !!
I now make further test to see if it's working normally, but 2 mysteries remains
  1. the SATA port in the UEFI setup (Step 4 ➧ 6)
  2. the VERY slow boot (step 8)

1. the SATA port in the UEFI setup (Step 4 ➧ 6)
  2. the VERY slow boot (step 8)

CSM disabled? There are different SATA controllers so likely you'd want to try and have it on the one that gets seen first (sata0).

I also had the very slow boot you were talking about for a while. It was very concerning at first, then I changed a setting in BIOS something like "boot speed handoff" or "speed at boot" to "maximum performance" - I also messed with the amount of memory testing going on during boot.

Wifi is 802.11AX, not sure if OS X has support yet, it is an intel chip but not sure on model, nothing in tech specs, manual, or driver download info. I'll write back if I see.

CSM disabled? There are different SATA controllers so likely you'd want to try and have it on the one that gets seen first (sata0).

I also had the very slow boot you were talking about for a while. It was very concerning at first, then I changed a setting in BIOS something like "boot speed handoff" or "speed at boot" to "maximum performance" - I also messed with the amount of memory testing going on during boot.

Wifi is 802.11AX, not sure if OS X has support yet, it is an intel chip but not sure on model, nothing in tech specs, manual, or driver download info. I'll write back if I see.
Thanks for your answers :thumbup:
[EDIT]
In the UEFI setup I left "fast boot" ➧ disable ... how about yours ?
I have the feeling that the slow boot is due to the resolution (UHD) of the screen and absence of graphic acceleration.
is it possible ?
Another thing about the UEFI setup is the Boot overdrive
IMG_5629.JPG
How to remove all those LAN entries I don't need ...

Last edited:
Good news : so i think after adjusting some parameters it will work fine !

Not present here as I would like, but I still have problems with my IP address since last Friday...

Good news : so i think after adjusting some parameters it will work fine !
Not present here as I would like, but I still have problems with my IP address since last Friday...
Good to have some news from you
Hope you can fix your IP address soon...
Keep in touch;)

Good to have some news from you
Hope you can fix your IP address soon...
Keep in touch;)
This morning , i'm happy that my problems are solved :everything has been renewed by Orange and the light is shining ...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back