then second try a edit the boot argument in the config.plist ➧ success
then third try to be sure : Failed

Something bother me

Here are the boot arguments in config.plist
View attachment 459757
and here in clover :
View attachment 459756
They are not the same !!
Is Nvram has something to do with that ?

Is there a way to rebuild caches for another drive than the boot drive ?
This issue is due to be switching back and forth from Clover and OC... Reflash BIOS with Q-Flash or whatever utility you can use outside BIOS GUI, my AMD Taichi has the option.

Reflash BIOS and the nonsense should go away, also stick with one bootloader or the other. In case you decide to go full OC (my current choice no problems at all) do a search and remove anything related to clover from /etc/ system folder if you have them, even empty folders.

This issue is due to be switching back and forth from Clover and OC...

Yes, @oli.mathieu if you are switching back and forth, make sure to clean nvram each time, and disable any emulated nvram from clover (There's guides on this if you google for it). OC has a tool called "cleanNVram" that you can enable in your config, and at the boot screen you can run it.

Yes, @oli.mathieu if you are switching back and forth, make sure to clean nvram each time, and disable any emulated nvram from clover (There's guides on this if you google for it). OC has a tool called "cleanNVram" that you can enable in your config, and at the boot screen you can run it.
I will pay more attention to nvram so ....
Thanks a lot
This issue is due to be switching back and forth from Clover and OC... Reflash BIOS with Q-Flash or whatever utility you can use outside BIOS GUI, my AMD Taichi has the option.
okay, I learn something
Reflash BIOS and the nonsense should go away, also stick with one bootloader or the other. In case you decide to go full OC (my current choice no problems at all) do a search and remove anything related to clover from /etc/ system folder if you have them, even empty folders.
i'm more confident with clover today ... so I 'll start over only with it.
When i will be done, I'll definitely try to do it again with OC.
Thanks again

I will pay more attention to nvram so ....
Thanks a lot

okay, I learn something

i'm more confident with clover today ... so I 'll start over only with it.
When i will be done, I'll definitely try to do it again with OC.
Thanks again
Thats cool, just remember to do the "step" before switching back to OC.

@oli.mathieu, @Loloflatsix - have you seen the setting for "above 4g decoding" in the bios anywhere? I've seen screenshots of it, but can't get it to appear on firmware 1.3 anywhere.

I've just had a quick look in the UEFI setup and there is no "Above 4G decoding" anywhere ...

I've just had a quick look in the UEFI setup and there is no "Above 4G decoding" anywhere ...

The manual shows it as "above 4g MMIO" in section 4.6.3. under advanced/chipset. It mentions being disabled when aperture size is 2048mb, but there's no mention of what controls aperture size.

Attachments

• asrock x299 creator 4gdecoding.png
    asrock x299 creator 4gdecoding.png
    453.7 KB · Views: 70
So it seems it has been removed int version 1.3 .... we have to pay attention in with the next update, I think. It may appears again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back