Motherboard
Acer E5-571G
CPU
Intel Core i5-5200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500 + Nvidia GeForce 840M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  1. Should I follow this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra.222266/) after did this (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/)?
  2. Can't eject USB drives through status bar (Attachment_1.png).
  3. Touchpad two fingers right click doesn't work, two fingers scroll doesn't work. Also when using touchpad cursor moves strangely (not smoothly), there's no such issue when using USB wireless mouse.
  4. USB wireless mouse scroll isn't smooth (I'm using Smooze, as temp solution)
  5. Boot from clover to login screen takes 50 s. Power off takes 10 s. Go to sleep mode takes 45 s., is it normal?
  6. Is it better to do renames in DSDT or config hotpaches?
  7. You advised me to use toledaARPT.kext or ProBookAtheros.kext + vanilla AirPortAtheros40.kext for Wi-Fi, but it's doesn't support 9565, as I know.
  8. How can I check RAM using, current CPU frequency, etc.?
  9. Fn + up/down arrows for sound level customization works, but Fn + left/right arrows for backlight doesn't.

Attachments

• Report.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 154
  • Attachment_1.png
    Attachment_1.png
    953 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
  1. Should I follow this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra.222266/) after did this (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/)?
  2. Can't eject USB drives through status bar (Attachment_1.png).
  3. Touchpad two fingers right click doesn't work, two fingers scroll doesn't work. Also when using touchpad cursor moves strange (not smoothly), there's no such issue when using USB wireless mouse.
  4. USB wireless mouse scroll isn't smooth (I'm using Smooze, as temp solution)
  5. Boot from clover to login screen takes 50 s. Power off takes 10 s. Go to sleep mode takes 45 s., is it normal?
  6. Is it better to do renames in DSDT or config hotpaches?
  7. You advised me to use toledaARPT.kext or ProBookAtheros.kext + vanilla AirPortAtheros40.kext for Wi-Fi, but it's doesn't support 9565, as I know.

1. Both are important
2. why not? what happens? (your ioreg shows no storage device plugged in)
3. Your trackpad is ELAN but you installed Synaptics PS2 kexts.
4. what kind of wireless mouse? how is it connected?
5. HDD? (sounds rather typical for HDD... SSDs are faster... macOS seems to assume SSD)
6. hotpatch is more work, but easier in the long run, as you don't need to re-extract/re-patch with every BIOS/hardware change (note: you have a bit of a mess in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes... for example, FixRegions_10000000 is a really bad idea)
7. if you have AR9285 or AR9280 use toledaARPT.kext, or ProBookAtheros.kext. AR9565 is supported by a different kext (ATH9kFixup), or huge number of patches, but it is not solid enough to recommend from the FAQ. Best to use supported BCM WiFi/BT.

1. Both are important
2. why not? what happens? (your ioreg shows no storage device plugged in)
3. Your trackpad is ELAN but you installed Synaptics PS2 kexts.
4. what kind of wireless mouse? how is it connected?
5. HDD? (sounds rather typical for HDD... SSDs are faster... macOS seems to assume SSD)
6. hotpatch is more work, but easier in the long run, as you don't need to re-extract/re-patch with every BIOS/hardware change (note: you have a bit of a mess in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes... for example, FixRegions_10000000 is a really bad idea)
7. if you have AR9285 or AR9280 use toledaARPT.kext, or ProBookAtheros.kext. AR9565 is supported by a different kext (ATH9kFixup), or huge number of patches, but it is not solid enough to recommend from the FAQ. Best to use supported BCM WiFi/BT.
2. Attached IOReg with plugged stick.
3. Where can I find guide?
4. HP x5000 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...nsor/5164323/model/5164324/document/c03087218)
5. Yes, HDD. TOSHIBA L200 HDWJ110EZSTA (about 100Mbps r/w), planning to change to SSD in near future.
7. I'm planning to change my 9565 to BCM94360. As I know it's natively supported by macOS. Or there's a better choice?
UPD: 8 & 9 questions

Attachments

• IOReg_cp.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
2. Attached IOReg with plugged stick.
3. Where can I find guide?
4. HP x5000 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...nsor/5164323/model/5164324/document/c03087218)
5. Yes, HDD. TOSHIBA L200 HDWJ110EZSTA (about 100Mbps r/w), planning to change to SSD in near future.
7. I'm planning to change my 9565 to BCM94360. As I know it natively supporting by macOS. Or there's a better choice?
UPD: 8 & 9 questions

2. stick is seen plugged to SSP1. I don't see any issue. What is the problem?
3. use google
4. so it is USB wireless mouse. sounds like you have a device specific problem. Try other mouse or try that mouse in a real Mac so you know what to expect from it. You might consider a logitech mouse.
5. HDDs are slow
7. BCM94360BAED is a good choice, provided you can connect all three antenna leads (may have to add antennas).
8. are you asking about Activity Monitor?
9. brightness guide is linked from the FAQ.

2. stick is seen plugged to SSP1. I don't see any issue. What is the problem?
3. use google
4. so it is USB wireless mouse. sounds like you have a device specific problem. Try other mouse or try that mouse in a real Mac so you know what to expect from it. You might consider a logitech mouse.
5. HDDs are slow
7. BCM94360BAED is a good choice, provided you can connect all three antenna leads (may have to add antennas).
8. are you asking about Activity Monitor?
9. brightness guide is linked from the FAQ.
2. It can't be ejected through status bar (Attachment)
8. I checked and, yes! I have about 3.5 GB memory usage (Finder, 7 Chrome tabs, activity monitor), also IDLE near 90%, normal? Is there any way to speed up system?

Attachments

• Attachment_1.png
    Attachment_1.png
    954.2 KB · Views: 228
2. It can't be ejected through status bar (Attachment)

That menu bar item is not for removable HDDs, it is only applicable to ODD.
Use the eject icon in Finder.

8. I checked and, yes! I have about 3.5 GB memory usage (Finder, 7 Chrome tabs, activity monitor), also IDLE near 90%. Is there any way to speed up system?

What do you mean by "speed up system"?

What do you mean by "speed up system"?
I mean that some animation works not so smooth and fast like it's in windows. Maybe something make system slowly.
Also If I open a site with large list boxes and try to scroll it's lagging hard.

I mean that some animation works not so smooth and fast like it's in windows. Maybe something make system slowly.
Also If I open a site with large list boxes and try to scroll it's lagging hard.

macOS/OS X is generally not as snappy as Win10.
It is part of the Mac experience, I guess.
You might check your GeekBench results though, Mac vs. Windows.

Remote disk always in the finder, what's the reason?
Maybe it's because I have second HDD in the OD place?
Or it's Mac feature?

Attachments

• Attachment_2.png
    Attachment_2.png
    970.7 KB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back