Contribute
Register

Are Vega, OpenCL... working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 277159

I put the latest lilu and whatevergreen in kexts and it recognises the GPU for me. I don't think there's any downside.

Any glitches? Have you noticed any performance differences?

P.S. I have been looking into developer articles regarding OpenGL and Mac OSX. I've found a lot of info to write apps but nothing yet on adjusting GPU frequencies for overclocking. Maybe if we can find the symbols and values we can experiment with overclocking the 10000controllerkext (autowattman). It would be really nice if we could use clover "find" and "replace" methods. It may even be possible for the WhateverGreen developers to assign new values. What would be even better IMO would be a MacWattMan app if they could do it. Temps, clock speeds, memory tweaks etc. would be really awesome to have access to. I know, I'm dreaming but it would be nice.

Last edited:
R9 390x, I'm not sure but I think the Polaris RX cards were the first cards that didn't require Crossfire cables for multiple gpu setup. Does the R9 390x have a board connection like a mini pcie slot where the Vega bios switch is located?

hi guys. I'm writing here just to do not Oper another thread about Vega.
I need @Gigamaxx suggestions for my "issue" please.

i have been able to install successfully high Sierra gm with Vega 64 liquid. to do this I have disabled igfx from bios, otherwise the installation hangs.
the point is that I need quick sync and I need igfx to be enabled, like I was used with my gtx 980 ti.

these were my setting working with Nvidia :
-set peg primary in bios
-igfx enabled

config.plist attached + intelgraohicfixup.
this combo is not working with Vega. what should I do? thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.7 KB · Views: 305
hi guys. I'm writing here just to do not Oper another thread about Vega.
I need @Gigamaxx suggestions for my "issue" please.

i have been able to install successfully high Sierra gm with Vega 64 liquid. to do this I have disabled igfx from bios, otherwise the installation hangs.
the point is that I need quick sync and I need igfx to be enabled, like I was used with my gtx 980 ti.

these were my setting working with Nvidia :
-set peg primary in bios
-igfx enabled

config.plist attached + intelgraohicfixup.
this combo is not working with Vega. what should I do? thank you

Have you tried enabling IGPU and setting 64mb memory allocation? Have you tried using the integrated graphics? I've been able to run my Vega with IGPU using basic Intel settings.

Clover graphics settings: inject Intel = false, ID 0x000000, ig 0x19160000.

Have you tried enabling IGPU and setting 64mb memory allocation? Have you tried using the integrated graphics? I've been able to run my Vega with IGPU using basic Intel settings.

Clover graphics settings: inject Intel = false, ID 0x000000, ig 0x19160000.

fixed by removing intelgraphicsfixup.kext
and quick sync it's working too.
what about wake from sleep? I have black screen. tried both with darkwake=0 and darkwake=8

Try removing the darkwake in boot arg completely. In bios settings wake from LAN disable, wake from USB " any key" if using a USB keyboard.

hi @Gigamaxx
some news here. i was adopting your suggestions, but they didn't work.
i found out reading in forums that the only way for having wakes from sleep working with both ogpu and peg enabled is to set igfx as primary in bios.
what's the issue in my case? i have a thunderbolt 3 ex card and (really strange but so i is) if i enabled the thunderbolt card (with mac os settings) and igfx as primary, my system hangs and it doesn't boot, giving me strange post code.
no issue with thunderbolt card working and peg as primary display.
ps i hope that whatevergreen 1.2 will fix this issue (i think it will be released soon)

Hi @Gigamaxx

Can you please suggest me something on how to get all the displayports working with RX Vega 64? In my case, only one DP is working. The other two show the pointer but they don't show any thing else.

I was able to fix this problem. I needed Pike's patch for AppleGraphicsKext.. :D :D

I was able to fix this problem. I needed Pike's patch for AppleGraphicsKext.. :D :D

Do you mind sharing which specific patch since I have the same card and have same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back