Contribute
Register

Are Vega, OpenCL... working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you.
same situation for rx 480-580?

No, for those you need lilukext and WhateverGreenkext and now audio works in HS over DISPLAYPORT and HDMI.

Last edited:
All stock XFX Vega 64:

RX Vega 64 Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 12.19.53 PM.png RX Vega 64 Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 12.13.43 PM.png

what about Geekbench 4.1 OpenCL results?

RX Vega 64 8gb air.

Windows 10 geekbench

Geekbench windows 10.png

Mac OS High Sierra beta.

Geekbench 198,000.png

Geekbench Compute profile, the Vega card is advancing up the ladder. I noticed they have changed the high score for Radeon RX Vega form 204,000 to 201,000. My 211,000 score is nipping at the Titan XP and 1080 Ti.

The early Sierra betas had similar low performance for the RX 480 cards but eventually the open CL scores equaled the windows scores. Lets hope Vega gets better in OS HS, I noticed the latest beta V7, v6 has lost about 10,000 points avg. for
Vega Geekbench.

Geekbench profile.png

Actually what bothers me personally is not the scores as they are just fine there where they are, what bothers me is the crashes on all games, DaVinci resolve, FCPX, Unigine Heaven 4 and even video playback with Google Chrome.
Maybe these software not developed for HBM2 or its the Beta OS X fault, I don't know.

Actually what bothers me personally is not the scores as they are just fine there where they are, what bothers me is the crashes on all games, DaVinci resolve, FCPX, Unigine Heaven 4 and even video playback with Google Chrome.
Maybe these software not developed for HBM2 or its the Beta OS X fault, I don't know.

For Uningine try custom setting in ultra but disable " anti-aliasing" it's the multiscreen x2, x4, x8 setting that causes bugs for me. The latest beta update sank the scores a bit for the beta 4-5 version but no stability for Unigine. Something else I've noticed is the Skylake setup with 30 bit color is buggy but pentium with 24 bit runs like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back