Contribute
Register

Are Vega, OpenCL... working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drivers are not yet optimized. Uningine bench Open Gl also has horizontal glitches but if you set it to single screen mode it works just fine.

My open Cl benches are a little better, but Luxmark is cooking my card for very little performance gain over my RX 480 (14,817). Notice the drivers are running my card at 1630MHz (Luxmark), I need a water cooling block.

AMD Radeon HD Vega 10 XT 8gb/AMD RX Vega 64 8gb Air cooled 1547MHz boost clock.
GeekBench RX Vega 64    Pentium G3258.png Luxmark Vega 64.png
Geekbench RX 480.png Luxmark X 480.png

Last edited:
AMD Radeon HD Vega 10 XT 8gb/AMD RX Vega 64 8gb Air cooled 1547MHz boost clock.
Gigamaxx, My Vega 64 Air arrived yesterday and I'm thinking about doing a High Sierra install this weekend. Is there anything I need to know about running Vega? Does it just work OOB?

Gigamaxx, My Vega 64 Air arrived yesterday and I'm thinking about doing a High Sierra install this weekend. Is there anything I need to know about running Vega? Does it just work OOB?

In High Sierra it is OOB, the only thing is the name is RX xxx. It can be fixed using iHex and the AMD1000ControlllerKext.

You will need a minimum of 750 watt power supply. I tried with a 650 watt and it was real buggy.

I just picked up a second card a Sapphire, that's 2 in a week! After work I will attempt dual cards on my Haswell Pentium rig.
chip.
IMG_3679.JPG

It works! Dual RX Vega 64s with Haswell Pentium g3258, one core for each card, I love this chip.

RX Vega 64 X2.png

Last edited:
In High Sierra it is OOB, the only thing is the name is RX xxx. It can be fixed using iHex and the AMD1000ControlllerKext.

You will need a minimum of 750 watt power supply. I tried with a 650 watt and it was real buggy.

I just picked up a second card a Sapphire, that's 2 in a week! After work I will attempt dual cards on my Haswell Pentium rig.
Thanks!

I have a 1000w Seasonic so not worried.

I just realized there doesn't seem to be a method High Sierra on Ryzen yet so this might have to wait. I have 10.12 running fine. Is there a way to use Vega in regular Sierra?

Last edited:

chip.
View attachment 273093

It works! Dual RX Vega 64s with Haswell Pentium g3258, one core for each card, I love this chip.

View attachment 273152

hi gigamaxx.
so whatevergreen.kext Is not required in high Sierra?
and no igpu or helper card needed, right?

hi gigamaxx.
so whatevergreen.kext Is not required in high Sierra?
and no igpu or helper card needed, right?

For RX Vega no they are not needed, this is the card we've been waiting for.

Does that 7900X work out of the box or you had to apply patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back