Contribute
Register

Solved > AppleRTC fix Mojave (CMOS Reset issue)

Motherboard
Dell T3500
CPU
W3550
Graphics
HD 7950
Last time I tried Hackintoshing was back in the Chameleon days with 10.4-10.5 I think! So forgive me if I'm a little behind on a lot of things ... Been catching up on here and thank you to all of you who have contributed! Much appreciated.

So I've managed to get Mojave running somewhat on this old machine I bought for approx. 100$ (T3500) using Clover (V4769) as well as Lilu, Whatevergreen & AppleALC kexts. Have a few issues that I've been working on. Just managed to fix one of them ...
Screen output is working off 7950 DVI and HDMI with audio too (AppleALC thx!), but only if I have my old GT120 (from Mac Pro) card installed as primary graphics adapter. Still working on this ... got framebuffer patch kext fix to work in HS but doesn't in Mojave anymore. Any pointers are welcome ...

Main reason I'm posting is because I was also having this CMOS reset issue with the BIOS being reset to defaults on every boot.
Figured out that the AppleRTC patch was not working anymore with this version of Clover and Mojave. Debug showed it wasn't being patched.
So I took a 10.13 version of AppleRTC.kext and just dumped the info.plist and version.plist from the Mojave version into the kext, and then replaced the one in S/L/E with the hacked together one, and then the RTC patch seemed to work again!

Hope this might help someone too .... Back to work. No rest for the ...

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Figured out that the AppleRTC patch was not working anymore with this version of Clover and Mojave. Debug showed it wasn't being patched.
Issue fixed in Clover r4911+

Motherboard
Dell T3500
CPU
W3550
Graphics
HD 7950
Issue fixed in Clover r4911+
Thank you for the info!! I tried a later version of clover before but ran into more problems as it wouldn't boot properly, so I rolled it back again.

Will try again once I have GPU working properly.

Motherboard
Dell Precision T3500
CPU
Xeon 3503
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
Android
Was getting the CMOS reset issue too. Reflexively replaced the CMOS battery which didn't solve. Also started getting a thermal error – so cleaned out the machine of dust.

Didn't think of a Clover issue until reading this thread. Updated to latest and deleted Nvram.plist from EFI folder (Clover autogenerates a new one) – presto!

Thanks!

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7
CPU
W3680
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Installed Clover 4920 on mine and the RTC/CMOS problem seems to be fixed.
Did you mean Clover solved the problem by itself? No Kernel/Kext patch to add?