Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AppleRTC fix Mojave (CMOS Reset issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II
CPU
i9-9940X
Graphics
Gigabyte RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last time I tried Hackintoshing was back in the Chameleon days with 10.4-10.5 I think! So forgive me if I'm a little behind on a lot of things ... Been catching up on here and thank you to all of you who have contributed! Much appreciated.

So I've managed to get Mojave running somewhat on this old machine I bought for approx. 100$ (T3500) using Clover (V4769) as well as Lilu, Whatevergreen & AppleALC kexts. Have a few issues that I've been working on. Just managed to fix one of them ...
Screen output is working off 7950 DVI and HDMI with audio too (AppleALC thx!), but only if I have my old GT120 (from Mac Pro) card installed as primary graphics adapter. Still working on this ... got framebuffer patch kext fix to work in HS but doesn't in Mojave anymore. Any pointers are welcome ...

Main reason I'm posting is because I was also having this CMOS reset issue with the BIOS being reset to defaults on every boot.
Figured out that the AppleRTC patch was not working anymore with this version of Clover and Mojave. Debug showed it wasn't being patched.
So I took a 10.13 version of AppleRTC.kext and just dumped the info.plist and version.plist from the Mojave version into the kext, and then replaced the one in S/L/E with the hacked together one, and then the RTC patch seemed to work again!

Hope this might help someone too .... Back to work. No rest for the ...

Figured out that the AppleRTC patch was not working anymore with this version of Clover and Mojave. Debug showed it wasn't being patched.
Issue fixed in Clover r4911+

Thank you for the info!! I tried a later version of clover before but ran into more problems as it wouldn't boot properly, so I rolled it back again.

Will try again once I have GPU working properly.

Installed Clover 4920 on mine and the RTC/CMOS problem seems to be fixed.
Did you mean Clover solved the problem by itself? No Kernel/Kext patch to add?

I think the issue is back again in 10.15.4. I upgraded to 5107 and again 5108 and 50% of the time I get a POSTed F1 error on reboot, and had my first freeze in macOS this morning. 10.15.3 was completely stable.

I read the following:

If you're running 10.15.4, the AppleRTC patch is broken (I believe for Clover as well).

How do we fix it?

I think the issue is back again in 10.15.4. I upgraded to 5107 and again 5108 and 50% of the time I get a POSTed F1 error on reboot, and had my first freeze in macOS this morning. 10.15.3 was completely stable.

I read the following:

If you're running 10.15.4, the AppleRTC patch is broken (I believe for Clover as well).

How do we fix it?

are you referencing @deeveedee post?

I found that I only needed to add boot-arg "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" for a single boot of 10.15.4 on my HackPro5,1. After booting once with this boot-arg, I no longer needed it. Not sure why.

this did the trick?

are you referencing @deeveedee post?

I found that I only needed to add boot-arg "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" for a single boot of 10.15.4 on my HackPro5,1. After booting once with this boot-arg, I no longer needed it. Not sure why.

this did the trick?

Sorry -that was confusing. I was referring to the thread. Read the thread to see that the solution is likely one of two choices for you:

• Replace the 10.15.4 boot.efi with the 10.15.3 boot.efi
  • OR execute this command in Terminal: sudo nvram wake-failure=%00%00%00%00%00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back