Contribute
Register

AppleKeyboard does not work

Thank you for your reply! What a critical opinion!

I would like to explain them in order.

First, I will explain how I created SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.
My motherboard has two SSDs, one for Windows and one for Hackintosh.
I booted into Windows and tried the USBtoolbox app.
I printed out the detected devices there and extracted the kext. (attached image 1)
After that, I started Hackintosh with that kext installed and started Hackintool.
I selected the ports I didn't need, chose port 15, and pressed Export. (attached images 2 & 3)
At that time, the output was
There are three: SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml, and USBport.kext.

I received advice that SSDT-UIAC.aml should not be enclosed with USBport.kext, so I deleted SSDT-UIAC.aml and started it with only SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and USBport.kext. I am.

These are the steps to create SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.

Which parts of the X570 Taichi are referred to by the three high-power USB ports?
I found the USB explanation page for X570taichi. Is it the USB3.2 and Type-C part on the back panel?

You have to check if there is a way to increase the USB voltage in the BIOS. Sorry, I'm busy with work right now, so I'll check the BIOS of the X570 as soon as I get settled.

Hello. I had to remove the post with your serial-number for your own privacy.

Okay. If Hackintool created the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml then that is fine.

The ASRock specifications show that three of the back panel USB ports feature "Ultra Power". See the red asterisk:

Screenshot_20240115-082830_kindlephoto-138689314.png

:)

... could it be that the A1243 keyboard doesn't recognize it correctly because the 6 USB ports don't have enough power?

It is possible the ASRock USB port is not supplying enough power for the keyboard, yes. This is why I mentioned the three high-power USB ports. However Apple keyboards usually work in even a simple USB2 port, so it was just a suggestion.

If the keyboard works in Windows then it's clearly not faulty.

Sorry I don't have an ASRock motherboard to test with. I just checked the specs on their website.

There must be something else we are not seeing which is causing your problem ...

It is possible the ASRock USB port is not supplying enough power for the keyboard, yes. This is why I mentioned the three high-power USB ports. However Apple keyboards usually work in even a simple USB2 port, so it was just a suggestion.

If the keyboard works in Windows then it's clearly not faulty.

Sorry I don't have an ASRock motherboard to test with. I just checked the specs on their website.

There must be something else we are not seeing which is causing your problem ...

Hello, I have been searching for various information since then.
I couldn't get it to work, so I asked a Hackintosh expert.

The answer I received was horrifying.

"Apple Keyboard A1243 is not recognized as a keyboard even if it is plugged into a USB port - No solutions for this one, the tech doesn't know how it can be possible."

It looks like the A1243 keyboard is the end.

However, the EFI file they provided had a lot of errors, so maybe there is a way.
However, I think I'll try to find a way to do it more slowly than before.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 10
Hello, I have been searching for various information since then.
I couldn't get it to work, so I asked a Hackintosh expert.

The answer I received was horrifying.

"Apple Keyboard A1243 is not recognized as a keyboard even if it is plugged into a USB port - No solutions for this one, the tech doesn't know how it can be possible."

It looks like the A1243 keyboard is the end.

However, the EFI file they provided had a lot of errors, so maybe there is a way.
However, I think I'll try to find a way to do it more slowly than before.

I have never heard anyone else state that Apple A1234 keyboards do not work with a hackintosh. Especially an expert.

My first Hackintosh from 2009 was with that same keyboard (not in Japanese however). I can't believe how it can't work unless there's something wrong with USB ports.

2009 年に私が初めて使用した Hackintosh は、同じキーボードを使用していました (ただし日本語ではありませんでした)。USBポートに問題がない限り動作しないなんて信じられません。
thank you for your reply. Was the Hackintosh you went to in 2009 an AMD CPU?
Actually, I used a similar configuration before this Hackintosh.

CPU:i9 9900k
GPU: Radeon RX580
MB:Asrock z390 Taichi Ultimate
SSD:Samsung 970EVO

I did it with this configuration. It worked fine with a normal installation. WebCam, Keyboard, and Wi-fi all worked (I used Fenvi t919)

However, after changing to Ryzen CPU, the keyboard stopped working.
I tried it on the 3900X before the 5950X, but it didn't work as well.
I thought from now on that there is a difference in configuration between AMD CPU and Intel CPU.

This may be natural considering that Ryzen CPUs are not supported by MacOS in the first place. I chose Ryzen9 5950X because it has the best performance for running MacOS 10.13.6. If there is an Intel CPU with as much power as the 5950X, I would probably switch to that.

thank you for your reply. Was the Hackintosh you went to in 2009 an AMD CPU?
Actually, I used a similar configuration before this Hackintosh.

CPU:i9 9900k
GPU: Radeon RX580
MB:Asrock z390 Taichi Ultimate
SSD:Samsung 970EVO

I did it with this configuration. It worked fine with a normal installation. WebCam, Keyboard, and Wi-fi all worked (I used Fenvi t919)

However, after changing to Ryzen CPU, the keyboard stopped working.
I tried it on the 3900X before the 5950X, but it didn't work as well.
I thought from now on that there is a difference in configuration between AMD CPU and Intel CPU.

This may be natural considering that Ryzen CPUs are not supported by MacOS in the first place. I chose Ryzen9 5950X because it has the best performance for running MacOS 10.13.6. If there is an Intel CPU with as much power as the 5950X, I would probably switch to that.

This problem is very interesting.

The only reason I can think of is that the AMD USB controllers are able to see a "hub" but not a "device + hub" which is what the Apple keyboard is.

If you plug a USB memory stick into an Apple keyboard USB port, does it mount and become visible in Hackintool?

If the answer is "yes" then it would seem to me that this problem is a limitation of the new AMD USB controllers.

However, it is not one we would expect though. And if this is not a problem that happens when the keyboard is used in Windows, it is still a mystery.

It might be that the tricks used to allow macOS to boot on an AMD CPU/chipset are not as complete as we thought they were just yet.

This problem is very interesting.

The only reason I can think of is that the AMD USB controllers are able to see a "hub" but not a "device + hub" which is what the Apple keyboard is.

If you plug a USB memory stick into an Apple keyboard USB port, does it mount and become visible in Hackintool?

If the answer is "yes" then it would seem to me that this problem is a limitation of the new AMD USB controllers.

However, it is not one we would expect though. And if this is not a problem that happens when the keyboard is used in Windows, it is still a mystery.

It might be that the tricks used to allow macOS to boot on an AMD CPU/chipset are not as complete as we thought they were just yet.

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I just plugged it in and tried it. The Keyboard is recognized as a Keyboard HUB. I tried plugging the stick into a USB hub.
The access lamp was on, so I was able to confirm that the power was coming on.
However, the USB stick was not responding to Disk Utility either.
This keyboard doesn't seem to function as a hub either. However, I was able to confirm that the power was coming on.

Since MagicKeyboard does not have a USB terminal, is it recognized as a keyboard? ?
If so, if I peel off the back of this keyboard and disconnect the USB wire, will it be recognized as a Keyboard?

I found a video on Youtube that shows how to disassemble and clean the A1243 keyboard.
It seems difficult for me because I don't have enough skills.

Attachments

• nr01.jpg
    nr01.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 5
  • S__28467209.jpg
    S__28467209.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 4
Back