Contribute
Register

AppleKeyboard does not work

Hello
I started using Windows' USBtoolBox.
After following the guide, all USB ports were finally displayed.

Then I came back to my Mac and removed the extra USB port from Hackintool and the exported
I put SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml in the ACPI folder, put USBPorts.kext and rebooted.
I was able to fit it into 15 ports.

I think it's safe to say that USB port mapping is now complete.
However, the AppleKeyboard in question still does not function as a keyboard. When connected, "KeyboardHub" is displayed, but it is not recognized as a keyboard. There is no response when I hit the keys.
Does this mean that AMD CPUs no longer support Apple products and cannot be used?

Attachments

• sc0000.png
    sc0000.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 6
  • sc0001.jpg
    sc0001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • sc0002.png
    sc0002.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 9
Does this mean that AMD CPUs no longer support Apple products and cannot be used?

No, I do not think so. No-one else has reported this. However if the keyboard works fine in Windows we know it is not faulty.

It is normal for the keyboard to show as a "Keyboard Hub".

Do you have another USB keyboard you can test with?

:)

No it doesn’t mean that AMD systems can’t use Apple peripherals.

It usually means one of two things:
  1. Your keyboard is defective, or
  2. You have not configured your USB ports correctly.
The latter of the two being most likely.

You should not be using the SSDT-UIAC.aml and the USBPorts.kext together in your OC setup. You need to use just the USBPorts.kext.

Yes, all USB keyboards for Windows work fine.
Apple

Mr. Edhawk

Thank you very much.
I deleted SSDT-UIAC.aml, saved it again with ProperTree and rebooted.
However, the situation did not change.

And now something terrible has happened.
When I plugged in the MagicKeyboard that I had kept in my closet, it started working.
A1243 keyboard is unresponsive but MagicKeyboard works fine.
Why on earth is this...?

A1243 keyboard also works fine with 9900k Intel CPU.
What exactly is this difference?

Attachments

• sc004.jpg
    sc004.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 8
  • sc005.png
    sc005.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 8
Yes, all USB keyboards for Windows work fine.
Apple

Mr. Edhawk

Thank you very much.
I deleted SSDT-UIAC.aml, saved it again with ProperTree and rebooted.
However, the situation did not change.

And now something terrible has happened.
When I plugged in the MagicKeyboard that I had kept in my closet, it started working.
A1243 keyboard is unresponsive but MagicKeyboard works fine.
Why on earth is this...?

A1243 keyboard also works fine with 9900k Intel CPU.
What exactly is this difference?
does the A1243 have usb ports on it? that may be why it appears as a usb hub in hackintool

A1243にはUSBポートがありますか? それが、hackintool で USB ハブとして表示される理由かもしれません

Yes, the A1243 keyboard has two USB ports, one on each side.
By the way, this USB port did not work even if I connected an appropriate USB device.

Hello,
I posted it a while ago, but it was deleted by the moderators because it included a URL.

I'm still researching various things to get the A1243 keyboard working.
I came across a strange post the other day.
The article was "A1243 keyboard does not work on M1 Mac".

Search with this title
I can see some websites,
"MacMini M1 2020 doesn't work with wired Apple A1243 keyboard" on Website
I saw an article called.

In response to that post
If you install "Dock Ejector - OWC Software Store", there is probably a program that can run the A1243 keyboard on M1 Mac.

I was able to confirm that.

I thought this meant that the driver that runs A1243 is only included in Intel CPUs, and there is nothing to run it in M1cpu or AMD CPU (is it too old?).
By the way, even after installing that software, the A1243 keyboard did not work.

Hello,
I posted it a while ago, but it was deleted by the moderators because it included a URL.

I'm still researching various things to get the A1243 keyboard working.
I came across a strange post the other day.
The article was "A1243 keyboard does not work on M1 Mac".

Search with this title
I can see some websites,
"MacMini M1 2020 doesn't work with wired Apple A1243 keyboard" on Website
I saw an article called.

In response to that post
If you install "Dock Ejector - OWC Software Store", there is probably a program that can run the A1243 keyboard on M1 Mac.

I was able to confirm that.

I thought this meant that the driver that runs A1243 is only included in Intel CPUs, and there is nothing to run it in M1cpu or AMD CPU (is it too old?).
By the way, even after installing that software, the A1243 keyboard did not work.
How am I currently using the keyboard on my Ryzen machine?
I'm using a keyboard made by a Japanese device manufacturer called "usb2btplus" in a rather forced way by connecting a wired USB device and using it as a Bluetooth device.

I use fenvi T919 for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, but sometimes the connection gets disconnected or the input is slow.

I'm thinking about finding a way to continue using the A1243, or if I have some extra money, I'll consider installing a MagicKeyboard.

I've heard that it can be used by converting the USB 2.0 tip to USB-TypeC, so I'm thinking of trying that now.
I purchased the tip conversion on Amazon, so I would like to try it out as soon as it arrives.

I haven't given up yet so I would really appreciate any advice you can give me. thank you.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 7
  • スクリーンショット 2024-01-15 6.12.05.png
    スクリーンショット 2024-01-15 6.12.05.png
    676.3 KB · Views: 5
How am I currently using the keyboard on my Ryzen machine?
I'm using a keyboard made by a Japanese device manufacturer called "usb2btplus" in a rather forced way by connecting a wired USB device and using it as a Bluetooth device.

I use fenvi T919 for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, but sometimes the connection gets disconnected or the input is slow.

I'm thinking about finding a way to continue using the A1243, or if I have some extra money, I'll consider installing a MagicKeyboard.

I've heard that it can be used by converting the USB 2.0 tip to USB-TypeC, so I'm thinking of trying that now.
I purchased the tip conversion on Amazon, so I would like to try it out as soon as it arrives.

I haven't given up yet so I would really appreciate any advice you can give me. thank you.

Hello.

I'm really sorry that you are having problems with your Apple wired keyboard. I have been using them for many years without problems.

Trying to be logical about this -

The most common reason an active USB port might not detect the Apple keyboard is if it can't supply enough power to it. In Windows this would not be a problem, and the ASRock X570 TaiChi does have three high-power ports on the back panel, but with a Hackintosh power to USB ports can be an issue. So, how did you create your SSDT-EC-USBX.aml ? This and/or your USBPorts.kext can modify the power available. (You use one or the other, not both, though you might need a plain SSDT-EC.aml instead. No worries. Hackintool should check and decide for you).

Another thing which can cause devices not to show up is a conflict - two or more devices sharing the same physical port. Is PRT05 a single port or on a hub itself ? I can't see one in the ASRock specs, but you never know.

My final idea - is there a BIOS toggle for those three USB high-power ports? It will be worth checking the BIOS for that and enabling them if necessary.

Last edited:
Hello.

I'm really sorry that you are having problems with your Apple wired keyboard. I have been using them for many years without problems.

Trying to be logical about this -

The most common reason an active USB port might not detect the Apple keyboard is if it can't supply enough power to it. In Windows this would not be a problem, and the ASRock X570 TaiChi does have three high-power ports on the back panel, but with a Hackintosh power to USB ports can be an issue. So, how did you create your SSDT-EC-USBX.aml ? This and/or your USBPorts.kext can modify the power available. (You use one or the other, not both, though you might need a plain SSDT-EC.aml instead. No worries. Hackintool should check and decide for you).

Another thing which can cause devices not to show up is a conflict - two or more devices sharing the same physical port. Is PRT05 a single port or on a hub itself ? I can't see one in the ASRock specs, but you never know.

My final idea - is there a BIOS toggle for those three USB high-power ports? It will be worth checking the BIOS for that and enabling them if necessary.

Thank you for your reply! What a critical opinion!

I would like to explain them in order.

First, I will explain how I created SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.
My motherboard has two SSDs, one for Windows and one for Hackintosh.
I booted into Windows and tried the USBtoolbox app.
I printed out the detected devices there and extracted the kext. (attached image 1)
After that, I started Hackintosh with that kext installed and started Hackintool.
I selected the ports I didn't need, chose port 15, and pressed Export. (attached images 2 & 3)
At that time, the output was
There are three: SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml, and USBport.kext.

I received advice that SSDT-UIAC.aml should not be enclosed with USBport.kext, so I deleted SSDT-UIAC.aml and started it with only SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and USBport.kext. I am.

These are the steps to create SSDT-EC-USBX.aml.

Which parts of the X570 Taichi are referred to by the three high-power USB ports?
I found the USB explanation page for X570taichi. Is it the USB3.2 and Type-C part on the back panel?

You have to check if there is a way to increase the USB voltage in the BIOS. Sorry, I'm busy with work right now, so I'll check the BIOS of the X570 as soon as I get settled.

Attachments

• sc0001.png
    sc0001.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 5
  • sc0002.jpg
    sc0002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • sc0003.png
    sc0003.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 6
  • sc0004.png
    sc0004.png