Contribute
Register

AppleKeyboard does not work

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I just plugged it in and tried it. The Keyboard is recognized as a Keyboard HUB. I tried plugging the stick into a USB hub.
The access lamp was on, so I was able to confirm that the power was coming on.
However, the USB stick was not responding to Disk Utility either.
This keyboard doesn't seem to function as a hub either. However, I was able to confirm that the power was coming on.

Since MagicKeyboard does not have a USB terminal, is it recognized as a keyboard? ?
If so, if I peel off the back of this keyboard and disconnect the USB wire, will it be recognized as a Keyboard?

I found a video on Youtube that shows how to disassemble and clean the A1243 keyboard.
It seems difficult for me because I don't have enough skills.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I just plugged it in and tried it. The Keyboard is recognized as a Keyboard HUB. I tried plugging the stick into a USB hub.
The access lamp was on, so I was able to confirm that the power was coming on.
However, the USB stick was not responding to Disk Utility either.
This keyboard doesn't seem to function as a hub either. However, I was able to confirm that the power was coming on.

Since MagicKeyboard does not have a USB terminal, is it recognized as a keyboard? ?
If so, if I peel off the back of this keyboard and disconnect the USB wire, will it be recognized as a Keyboard?

I found a video on Youtube that shows how to disassemble and clean the A1243 keyboard.
It seems difficult for me because I don't have enough skills.

Okay.

So the keyboard itself still did not work?

Usually when a memory stick is inserted in the keyboard it becomes "mounted" as you expect. However, when there us not enough USB power from the motherboard this can fail.

Silly question, I know, but you tested the keyboard in all back panel USB ports?back

I would say Do Not disassemble your keyboard. The answer does not lie that way.

If you can't test using Windows, test using a live Linux USB etc.

Back