Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

t says framebuffer injection and connector edits may be required.
Do not inject any framebuffer, ATY,RadeonFramebuffer is default. Edits are only required if the default framebuffer does not work.

IOReg shows kMotmot is not valid, default loaded; graphics, OK?
IOReg also shows a HDMI device is not attached.

Remove framebuffer injection, attach HDMI device, restart, reply with new files.

If default does not work, see Post #1/VII. AMD Radeon Graphics/1. AMD RX 5xx4xx/HD R7-R9 3xx/R7-R9 2xx/HD 7xxx/HD 6xxx/HD 5xxx (* default framebuffer)/2. AMDxxxxController and AppleHDAController edits may be required ...

Do not inject any framebuffer, ATY,RadeonFramebuffer is default. Edits are only required if the default framebuffer does not work.

IOReg shows kMotmot is not valid, default loaded; graphics, OK?
IOReg also shows a HDMI device is not attached.

Remove framebuffer injection, attach HDMI device, restart, reply with new files.

If default does not work, see Post #1/VII. AMD Radeon Graphics/1. AMD RX 5xx4xx/HD R7-R9 3xx/R7-R9 2xx/HD 7xxx/HD 6xxx/HD 5xxx (* default framebuffer)/2. AMDxxxxController and AppleHDAController edits may be required ...
I think only graphics problem was web site load with wifi stick.

Not working.. card has two actual dvi ports and an s video. Is a special dvi connector for older amd required? The dvi to hdmi connector Ive been using worked for the gtx 650

New edit: Moved the card to windows box (easier @ moment than installing) Was going to dump the rom but decided to load the drivers in. Win 10 does not auto get the driver :)But installed it from amd site and got the same issue (not plugged in). So maybe I was on to something about the correct hdmi to dvi adapter? searched for dvi to hdmi adapter amd hd 4870 and there were specific ones for the card.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    605 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
1) Audio out on DP not working. Was working in Sierra. Did a clean install of High Sierra and now audio is not working (using same output port as Sierra)

2) 10.13.1, Gigabyte GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 (latest BIOS) I7 6700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB

3) in Multibeast, checked AC1150 and 100/200 Series audio options. Then ran audio script Maintained by: toleda for: github.com/toleda/audio_cloverHDMI
gFile="audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command" and selected

4) Requested items attached in ZIP.

Note: I got an error running MaciASL and included the error screenshot in the attached files.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• User OneInfinteLoop.zip
    3 MB · Views: 70
Audio out on DP not working. Was working in Sierra.
Did you move the graphics card when High Sierra was installed?
Graphics screenshoot, PCIe Lane Width: x4; wrong slot, DP audio not possible
Install 1080 in the x16 slot
Reply with new files.

Did you move the graphics card when High Sierra was installed?
Graphics screenshoot, PCIe Lane Width: x4; wrong slot, DP audio not possible
Install 1080 in the x16 slot
Reply with new files.

I did not add/remove hardware or change it's position in the chassis. As noted, all was working in Sierra.

I did, based on your guidance, move the card to the x16 slot. Re-ran you HDMI script and now I have audio.

Thank you!

I did not add/remove hardware or change it's position in the chassis. As noted, all was working in Sierra.

I did, based on your guidance, move the card to the x16 slot. Re-ran you HDMI script and now I have audio.

Thank you!
Hi,
Did you use the DPHDMI adapter?

hi!

with i5-4690K (intel hd4600) in motherboard gigabyte z97x-gaming 5 (intel gen 9 chipset) with realtek 1150 the hdmi not appear

in El Capitan used a a rehabman clover config 4600 with add hdmi, useintelhdmi, inject audio 0 options and a unknown framebuffer azul patch (don't remember which one I used) and works

but now, not show hdmi with any old solution, tested new rehabman config clover 4600 and only see the headphones, line out and digital output

I tried the audio-cloverhdmi in this tutorial and nothing

Attachments

• cloverhdmi-intel4600.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 124
tried the audio-cloverhdmi in this tutorial and nothing
Script: HD4600+ HDMI audio is enabled
Missed: Post #1/II. cloverHDMI/6. Notes/3. Attempted HDMI audio ...
Script will not work until all previous methods are removed.

Back