Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Off topic, post to Graphics Forum

Not applicable

Not latest.
See Post #1/II. AppleHDA HDMI Audio Methods/3. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - vit9696/WhateverGreen
Install latest of both kexts, restart, reply with new files.

I thought I had installed the latest kexts, but it looks like there was a new whatevergreen.kext as of a few of days ago. Installed that one and both displayport and HDMI audio are working now. Thanks again for the help.

Hi,

Any experience using this method and upgrade to Mojave? is the HDMI audio is still working or we need to keep a copy of appleHDA.kext on sierra version and place it on Mojave?

Hi,

In macOS Mojave, I can get HDMI audio using just Lilu+AppleALC kexts, but only the left channel of my headphones have sound.
I've checked headphones, output balance, sound preferences, and everything is OK.
Previously, in High Sierra, I was using an extra kext for HDMI audio (file attached) but it don't work anymore.
Anyone knows how can I activate the right channel too?

1.png

2.png

3.png

Attachments

• HDMIAudio.kext
    0 bytes · Views: 117
You've already helped me once when I was on Sierra OS. Now a fresh Mojave install.

1) Problem: No audio devices (want to get audio out via HDMI through HD6000) even after running your script.
2) Mojave/Qotom mini PC (it's a small low-powered PC)/AMI bios/i5 5250u/HD 6000
3) Procedure used: I ran your updated script ./audio_cloverHDMI-140_v0.1.command
4) Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext - original that came with Mojave 10.14
5) Debug files: attached

Appreciate any help you could give!

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    700.8 KB · Views: 75
Connector patch script installed to config.plist is missing in attached config.plist, what happened?
I wish I knew. But see our original discussion
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-hdmi-audio-guide.234735/page-20
I also had the script mysteriously failing and not completing the job. Eventually the fix was to use config.plist you've generated for me on your machine. Something on my machine makes the script fail at some point and it does not do all it's supposed to do to the config.plist.

ran your latest script (audio_cloverHDMI-140_v0.1.command) on my fresh Mojave build to get audio back.
But it says
Error: discrete graphics card not found, unknown acpi PCI0 name

Names checked: 0 PEG0@1 PEG1@1 PEGP@1 P0P1@1 P0P2@1 P0P2@3 NPE3@2 NPE3@3 NPE7@3 pci-bridge@1 pci-bridge@3 BR3A@3 PC02@3 PC12@3

No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Prozess beendet]

?? was running on high Sierra with no problem.

Something on my machine makes the script fail at some point and it does not do all it's supposed to do to the config.plist.
Wrong EFI partition mounted, try again.
Reply with new files.

Back