Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Hi toleda, I was wondering if you could take a look at my problem reporting files that I’ve attached and help me figure out why I’m unable to get HDMI audio from my NVIDIA gpu. I’m currently able to get audio through the motherboard from the rear out / headphone jack with external speakers, but would really prefer HDMI from my gpu if possible.

I’m currently running:

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard
Intel i7 8700k Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid Graphics Card

Basically using the current versions of AppleALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen kexts since the device id on my gpu is de10ef10 and is shown as being supported in v1.2.7 of AppleALC.kext.

Obviously there is something missing or not configured correctly, I just can’t seem to find it myself and would greatly appreciate your help and guidence.

NOTE:
I don’t have any of the following files in their respective locations on my system as requested in the part IV. Problem Reporting section, therefor they are not included in my zip file.

AppleHDA.kext
audio_cloverHDMI-1x0.command
EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml
EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml

Please let me know if you need any additional information from me to help sort out my HDMI GPU audio problem. Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    988.5 KB · Views: 64
Hi Toleda,

I am using Nvidia GTX 750, HDMI audio was working fine until MacOS 10.13.3. After updated by using combo update to 10.13.6 and update Nvidia web driver my HDMI sound missing.
I have redo every step on your procedure on post#1, however my HDMI audio is still missing. Could you please help what is wrong with my configuration as attached.

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Audio Problem.zip
    872.6 KB · Views: 67
See post #2.
Thank you, I replaced AppleHDA.kext with 10.13.3 version and HDMI sound is back.

Thanks for your help

macOS HDMI audio enabled and working, Nvidia driver problem.
See Post #1/Notes/Nvidia

toleda... thanks so much for looking at my files. Per your reply, I ended up reading Post #1/Notes/Nvidia and trying the 3 display ports on my gpu since the HDMI port just wasn't getting sound to it. So just when I was about to give up on the last display port to try out, it actually WORKED !!! My 4K tv shows up in my sound preferences now and I installed Soundflower to be able to adjust volume.

Thanks again toleda, very much appreciated !!!

Sound Prefs.png

Hi Toleda.

1. I still don't have DisplayPort nor HDMI audio from my Sapphire RX 580 OC 8GB and I also don't have any video coming from the HDMI ports of the graphics card.

2. macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6/Gigabyte X58A-UD3R/BIOS Version 7/Intel Xeon x5690 CPU/
AMD Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB OC

3. I used Core Graphics Fixup AKA Whatevergreen option in Multibeast. I also tried Kext Installer in Clover Configurator which said it manually installed both Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other

Since my graphics card doesn't have video output from either of the HDMI ports, I did all of this while connected to the Displayport of my graphics card via DP to HDMI adapter. Thanks.

Attachments

• Audio Troubleshoot Files.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
don't have any video coming from the HDMI ports of the graphics card.
Off topic, post to Graphics Forum
I used Core Graphics Fixup AKA Whatevergreen option in Multibeast
Not applicable
tried Kext Installer in Clover Configurator which said it manually installed both Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext
Not latest.
See Post #1/II. AppleHDA HDMI Audio Methods/3. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - vit9696/WhateverGreen
Install latest of both kexts, restart, reply with new files.

Back