Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

1. This is my firs hackintosh and first MacOS install: HDMI audio not working when TV HDMI is plugged in (audio is still running through M/B green port; sound output settings: Internal Speakers / Built-in)
Club3d DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter did not help: still no audio

2. iMac 14.2 / 10.12.6 Sierra / ASRock Z170M-ITXac UEFI Version: Z170M-ITX/ac P7.00 / Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz / GIGABYTE GeForce® GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8G

3. M/B audio installed using this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/before-you-install-audio-desktop-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/ “Before you install audio” and then:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764 “AppleHDA Realtek Audio_V2” Method 1 – cloverALC

HDMI audio installed using this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-hdmi-audio-guide.234735/ “AppleHDA HDMI Audio_V2” First tried method 4: “Nvidia – vit9696/NvidiaGraphicsFixup”. Did not help, removed as per guide and tried method 1: “cloverHDMI”.
UNFORTUNATELY NO RESULT AS WELL

Attachments

• post attachments.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
Toleda:
Per your suggestion based on another post in another thread ("Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI"), I am posting here:

I am trying to get HDMI/DP audio on my Z370 Gigabyte Gaming 5 system (CPU: 8700k, BIOS version F6) running macOS 10.13.6 with an nVidia MSI GTX 1080 TI display adapter.

I have analog audio via AppleALC. But I can't get my HDMI/DP audio to work with the speakers on my Monitor. I know the monitor can output audio via HDMI (actually DP), because in Windows it works. I also use Lilu, Shiki, and Whatevergreen (latest version that support nVidia adapters).

The requested files, screenshots, are in the attached zip file.

Attachments

• HDMI not working.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I also use Lilu, Shiki, and Whatevergreen
Whatevergreen conflicts with cloverHDMI, remove one method.
know the monitor can output audio via HDMI (actually DP), because in Windows it works
Not relevant, no native macOS HDMI audio on non native hardware
can't get my HDMI/DP audio to work
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 4 (change PEGP to GFX0) disables the HDMI audio ssdt, remove

Restart, reply with new files

Last edited:
Whatevergreen conflicts with cloverHDMI, remove one method.

Not relevant, no native macOS HDMI audio on non native hardware

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 4 (change PEGP to GFX0) disables the HDMI audio ssdt, remove

Restart, reply with new files

So, toleda, thanks for attempting to help. I removed Whatevergreen and disabled the patch you thought might cause the HDMI failure, and it did not make any difference. I think I'll pursue other avenues for assistance with this problem. Thanks anyway.

On Boot have to change HDMI cable from the current port the cable is plugged into - to either the DP2HDMI adapter or HDMI port to get audio to work.

I used option 4 NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext.

10.13.6/Z370 HD3P/F7/i7-8700K/EVGA GTX 750 TI OC 2GB

UPDATE

If I don't swap ports and let the pc sleep and wake up, I have audio. It stays enabled until I reboot.

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    29.6 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Back