Contribute
Register

Apple Unveils Redesigned Mac Pro Desktop and Pro Display XDR at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL since the CPU listed is 10k I think what you have found is a scam... Or some production house lost there $417 and this place is dumping the systems for what ever they can get.

highly rated ebay seller with tons of feedback. they are pulls from working systems.

highly rated ebay seller with tons of feedback. they are pulls from working systems.

Sorry I guess I should have looked deeper.. I am just not used to seeing hardware for 30% of the cost of one part new even when it is used or refurbished and 2.5 years old.

It's just me?

Or we need @kgp to come back from retirement
How can the X299 build Mac Pro 2019 without the genius of this guy?

Anyone who knows how to get @kgp please send him the message
We need you!

Sorry I guess I should have looked deeper.. I am just not used to seeing hardware for 30% of the cost of one part new even when it is used or refurbished and 2.5 years old.

on the surface it does look too good to be true but it is slightly older generation but still packs quite a punch. i would venture to guess the 56 cores even at a lower clock speed than the upcoming mac pro will still out geekbench it in multithreaded task. recently linus built a 28 core hackintosh that got 73000 geekbench.

This is a great system for what it is, at all price points. However, it represents just one approach to the high end market.

Good for Apple for doing this.

Now, the stand is another matter. But for different reasons. They should have included it and raised the price, or included the VESA mount or provided some other out of the box stand. The hubris is in the assumption that there are no alternatives.

Here's betting the after market floods the channel with lower cost options by the time theses systems ship.

The stand keeps giving Apple free press across different media platforms - whether you are likely to buy either the Mac Pro or the new monitor is not important, lots of media outlets are continuing to give Apple coverage and telling the world about some new Apple products.

At least some are willing to look at the monitor, several months before it comes to market:

the LGA 2066 supports the chip yes but does the x299 chipset actually support the processor?

Maybe because they have decided there is not a big enough market for High end gaming computers and that the I9 z390 chip is sufficient for that and possibly discontinuing the "X" branded chips.
I have an aorus x299 gaming 7 pro and in the supported CPU list there are many xeons that are supported
I was going to buy a xeon because there are some xeons that are very similar to i7 or i9 cpu
but I opted for an i9 7960x because I got tired of waiting for 9960x

there are new CPU's coming for x299 socket 2066 called cascade lake x
not to be confused with the regular cascade lake

basin fall refresh wasn't that much of an upgrade , it was simply a little speed bump at the stock speed and some other little improvements but nothing really big

The stand keeps giving Apple free press across different media platforms - whether you are likely to buy either the Mac Pro or the new monitor is not important, lots of media outlets are continuing to give Apple coverage and telling the world about some new Apple products.

At least some are willing to look at the monitor, several months before it comes to market:

i saw that. basically the host makes multiple rationalizations in attempting to justify the 1000usd monitor stand. absurd to not include the stand and an insult to the intelligence of purchasers even if they are sheeple fanbois. he mentions the red camera body without lens but he fails to provide the obvious reason in that users all have requirements for different lenses.

"
On Monday, Apple announced a number of products, including the long-awaited Mac Pro follow-up and a new professional display. But what turned people’s heads the most is the fact that Apple thinks you should have to pay $1,000 for a monitor stand. People in the audience didn’t clap when the announcer unveiled the price — they audibly groaned. And Apple doesn’t want people to know that.
The Register embedded a clip of the audience reaction in one of its stories — and Apple killed the video on the grounds that it supposedly infringed on the company’s copyright. As of this writing, the original clip of Apple announcing the $1K price tag that The Register embedded in its own story remains offline."

give me a 2 x4 and 3/4 inch plywood and i will make a stand. can even finish it with epoxy coat.

@x99mojave

You should actually watch that video - The presenter does not make any attempt what so ever to justify the price of the Apple stand. "Everything in the Pro World is on a different level".

You won't be buying the latest Apple monitor in the next few months, so put away your hammer and 6" nails - you don't need to build a stand for an Apple monitor.

What was interesting was the price and spec that these Pros are spending on mainly Sony monitors and how they are only 1080P non HDR.

The spec on the Apple Pro monitor is fantastic - there is no competition in the pro market. None. That is coming from someone that has been spending much more on the Apple competition. That is what no-one wants to talk about, but they will by the time the monitor arrives on the market, buy that time the stand memes will be outdated and third party companies will have something closer to $250-$350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back