Contribute
Register

Apple Unveils Redesigned Mac Pro Desktop and Pro Display XDR at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it a lot - love that they went with the cheese grater design and absolutely love the wheels! I also think that it fits in well with the rest of the Apple desktop range.

Ascetically I do not think I like the font panel or the shiny handles I would likely dull them with some kind of satin finisher. However, I do love love that the design is similar to how you build an skyscraper. The way they even presented it is the same way you construct a skyscraper in that everything is hung off the steal frame and then an exterior skin and placed over the outside. Maybe it is the Architect in me that loves the design and engineering thought that went into it... Yes they may have borrowed similar ideas from other places and older Macs but no other Mac has the same construction.

But wait, there's more .....
Back in this post here I talked about some of the ways Jony Ive borrowed from his own past Mac creations to design the 2019 Mac Pro. But what about all those "ventiports" or Swiss cheese like holes in the front and back of the case ? It looks like they also have a G4 connection, the PowerMac G4 tower. The more I look at this new machine the stranger it gets or should I say, the more it looks like an amalgamation of all G4 Macs from circa 2001-04 ! The only thing Jony forgot to include was the 56K "dial up" modem. Replaced by 10 GBe ports, dual ones at that.

Last edited:
Heck Yeah and then some - but with 32", 6K monitors, how many screens will power users actually use? If there is a market then someone will buy it.

I have 3 28 inch 4k monitors and one 24 inch 1080 but I can only look at one at a time.

At the very least, the release of this Mac Pro pretty much guarantees that even if Apple does have Arm base Macs in mind, X64 based Macs will still be relevant at least for the foreseeable future.

Can you imagine the backlash if users/companies drop stacks of cash for Mac Pro systems only to find out Apple dropped X64 in favor of Arm a week later?

At the very least, the release of this Mac Pro pretty much guarantees that even if Apple does have Arm base Macs in mind, X64 based Macs will still be relevant at least for the foreseeable future.

Can you imagine the backlash if users/companies drop stacks of cash for Mac Pro systems only to find out Apple dropped X64 in favor of Arm a week later?

I think the ARM based computers were more hype then anything, but we will see with next years MacBooks. I could not get a peep out of my brother outside of the software engineers are working to bring IOS and MacOS more in line with each other to ease strain on developing the same apps/programs for two platforms. However, that is public knowledge.

56 cores dual xeon, 96 gb ram. add case, power supply, gpu

LOL since the CPU listed is 10k I think what you have found is a scam... Or some production house lost there $417 and this place is dumping the systems for what ever they can get.

I believe the xenon cpu inside will be ice lake 10mm, intel already sent ice lake to OEM.

I believe the xenon cpu inside will be ice lake 10mm, intel already sent ice lake to OEM.
That would be good news but I think will not be but apple using the i9 9900k in iMac has shown they are trying to keep the hardware up to date a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back