Contribute
Register

Apple Releases Logic Pro X Music Production Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stop thinking how amazing Logic X is.. lol :clap:

Have to say I'm impressed with it too.
It runs rock solid on my Hack, Logic 9 was a crashing mess at times.
I'm guessing it's partially the absence of 32 bit bridge and being 64 bit only.

One thing that tripped me up was when playing with the "Smart Controls" - all the knob twirling seems to get recorded by just having the track armed.
Was wondering why I was getting ghostly animated attack envelopes randomly on playback :D

I love the new Logic Pro X, i only miss the 32Bit support.

Here's a strange thing: I am running Logic Pro X on my Macbook Pro Retina (i7, 4 cores), and on my Hackintosh (i7, 4 cores, 3770K, Gigabyte z77 TH board).

On the Retina Macbook, the CPU meter (in the transport bar after double-clicking it) shows 8 threads, and Activity Monitor shows 8 threads.

But on the Hackintosh, Logic X only shows 4 threads, but Activity Monitor shows 8 threads. The only explanation I can think of is that my system definition on the Hackintosh is MacPro3,1. I am going to try and change it to 5,1 and see if that makes a difference.

Like Logic X a lot, but miss 32-bit plug-ins :/

Here's a strange thing: I am running Logic Pro X on my Macbook Pro Retina (i7, 4 cores), and on my Hackintosh (i7, 4 cores, 3770K, Gigabyte z77 TH board).

On the Retina Macbook, the CPU meter (in the transport bar after double-clicking it) shows 8 threads, and Activity Monitor shows 8 threads.

But on the Hackintosh, Logic X only shows 4 threads, but Activity Monitor shows 8 threads. The only explanation I can think of is that my system definition on the Hackintosh is MacPro3,1. I am going to try and change it to 5,1 and see if that makes a difference.

Make sure that your audio settings are set for 8 threads, and not automatic- or lesser thread values. See attached images for more explanation. I have placed the CPU meter from logic next to the window, make sure that when you change your values you press apply.

Cheers,
All the best!
A

Attachments

• 4 Core Setting.png
    4 Core Setting.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 734
  • 8 Core Setting.png
    8 Core Setting.png
    153 KB · Views: 351
hello there :) im running 10.9.1 and logic 10.0.6
im so in love with the new logic X
but im getting kinda choppy UI when im tryin to resize things around in logic :S
other than that it works just fine
any suggestions ? :)
z87x d3h
8gb ram
hd4600

hello there :) im running 10.9.1 and logic 10.0.6
im so in love with the new logic X
but im getting kinda choppy UI when im tryin to resize things around in logic :S
other than that it works just fine
any suggestions ? :)
z87x d3h
8gb ram
hd4600

For using Logic with all the various plugins, plus HD4600 video, 8GB RAM is probably not a lot. I would try to increase to 16GB RAM in order to improve overall performance :)

tnx for the reply :)
im plannin on upgrade from 8gb to 16gb soon and ill pick up a gtx660 too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back