Contribute
Register

Apple Releases Logic Pro X Music Production Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the Logic Benchmark Test from Gearslutz? --> http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/371545-logic-pro-multicore-benchmarktest.html

Have seen that the new MacPros get up to insane 170 tracks. How may tracks does your system play? Also there are entries with the new MacBook Pros which get up to 100 tracks.

Mine:

Tracks: 100
Buffer Size: 256
CPU: 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
RAM: 16GB

Hmm...I wonder if you have some optimization issues at play with your system. In my Studio 2.0 build, I stopped the test at 127 tracks simply because my beast was FINALLY starting to become unstable. I used same buffer size as you, have i7 3770K, but no overclocking and same RAM as you (at the time I ran the test), and only other difference is I have GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. I would have thought your results would have been at least as good as mine.

Still...100 tracks is pretty damned good on this test. Chances are your "real world" track count would be significantly more than that, given the nature of things (typical projects don't have every single track playing 100% of the time with an instance of a power-hungry plug on said track).

:headbang:

Interesting. Have you done any optimisation? I am running basically with stock settings on Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back