Contribute
Register

Apple Introduces New MacBook Air and Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, that's good.

For the wireless stuff, it doesn't have to use m.2 connector e-key (removing the other wifi card that comes with it) but you can use an adapter to mini pci-e:
https://www.ebay.es/itm/A-E-A-E-to-...s-Adpater-FPC-Cable-M-2-NGFF-Key/273519879919
Then use the mini pci-e card you want. It should work.

I think I might have one of those un-used somewhere. Not sure if it would work given the tiny amount of space inside the wifi enclosure. Will have to see when I get the board.

Are you getting the board soon?

I've been looking at these too, very nice. They have had the sense to go back to a socketed wifi card and now include i7 chips.
If I wanted to be constrained and not able to update... I would even think about getting the apple one...
i7-8559U 28W?? No way...
It is not my goal to have a tiny machine, as I said before, so I don't see any benefit of it, and expensive cost (which is a waste)... no way in my POV, but just my opinion.

Last edited:
How cool / silent do you get these ?
When the only fan is the Noctua cooler's NH-L9i at average speeds I can't hear it sitting at my desk. If you put in an i7-8700 and max out all the cores, yes you'll be able to hear it during stress testing but that is not a realistic everyday use scenario. Temps stay well under 40C with normal use, might reach 60C during a stress test.

+1 for the NH-L9i.

I have 2 of these running on 65w CPU's. I can't say I have ever really heard them spinning at all. My desktop (4770S, 65w) stays just about 30 celsius most days.

They work just as well on 84w CPU's too :thumbup:

My NH-D15S is barely audible with an overclocked i7-8700K running at full load.

Noctua is really awesome!

+1 for the NH-L9i.

I have 2 of these running on 65w CPU's. I can't say I have ever really heard them spinning at all. My desktop (4770S, 65w) stays just about 30 celsius most days.

They work just as well on 84w CPU's too :thumbup:

This one is good for sure, but guys, if you have a little bit more room for the heatsink, my advice to go for Noctua NH-L12S, still low profile, is far away better dissipating heat and with less noise having 12mm fan (after testing both), if you are doing more extensive CPU work (like rendering) and until 165W TDP. A little bit pricey though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back