Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iMac, Performa
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Though that Apple T2 Security chip worries me, for us Hackintoshers going forward. What else could it be used for?
:)
I completely agree. When these big corporations say "security", they mean THEY are forcing you to sacrifice your freedom to do what you want to do with your machine... And, in the process, pay to ensure THEIR bottom line.

Basically, the specs look good for a mini. But, I just ran a cost-to-feature comparison. And, I can build a Mini iTX system to match the upper specs of the mini... for about $750USD [EDIT: oops! Forgot the processor so... @$1000USD with i5-8600K]. To me, a hackintosh will be good for a VERY long time at those prices.

Anyone get a 8th gen SMC out this machine?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Core i5 3570K
Graphics
Evga gt640
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
GB Z370N WIFI
CPU
CORE I3 8100 3.6 GHz
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
does it work? i just bought the hystou with 8550u and want to try this.
Yes , i have done it.

Installed mojave on the hystou with core i7 8550u with 8GD / 512 SSD.

only wifi and auto sense on front panel jack is pending.

Motherboard
GA-EX58-UD5
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
Mac mini
Best case ever!!
https://luna-design.org/dnk-h#design
I didn't know about it before!! It doesn't require a brick... perfect case for a mac mini configuration!!
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/luna-design-dnk-h-slim-mini-itx-case-barebones-pc,4776.html
It is weird a didn't see anything like that before. The problem with the other small cases were the brick you have to include, which for me IT IS A PROBLEM, but with that... awesome!!
Pity that I can't go back. Next build for sure!

P.S.: thin mini-itx form factor... now I know why I didn't know it... the dream just broke fast...
P.S.2: but seriously, the included internal 150W small PSU, should be the example for cases like this one (previous ones you have it above). I am sure should be a way to fit it. The pico+brick thingy, is still NO appealing for me...

Last edited: