Contribute
Register

Apple Introduces New MacBook Air and Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly the space grey. I like the silver one too. But space grey should be great. Even though I don't like the idea of a brick outside of the case... and not room for extra disks and stuff (even a graphics card...).

Well, it looks like our worst hopes about the T2 chip have been confirmed.
Apple can now block 3rd party repairs very effectively.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/12...mini-t2-chip-security-repair-replacement-tool

Someone on slashdot said:
This violates Federal Law, in particular the Magnussen-Moss Act (15 USC 2302(c)) requirement that says
warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty

Anyone want to start a huge class action suit against Apple in their copious spare time?

Im looking at options. I have the ncase and corsair sfx psu's already. But those streacom cases look damn good!
I am eager to see your build, man!! I am sure it will be amazing!! Please let us know if you bought something already!! Start a thread!! Cheers

For anyone that has to have one in Space Gray.

These are made in China by Realan. http://www.minicase.net/product_E-H80S.html
Screen Shot 27.jpg

Screen Shot 26.jpg

2018 i7 6-core Mac Mini: Does it Thermal Throttle?

For anyone that has to have one in Space Gray.
These are made in China by Realan.

Yeah, I really like that case. 3.15 inches tall.
You can even order them with a 150watt mini PSU built in.

If you like a challenge, they make an H60 line as well. I don't think you'd have room for a CPU fan.

Yeah, I really like that case. 3.15 inches tall.
You can even order them with a 150watt mini PSU built in.

If you like a challenge, they make an H60 line as well. I don't think you'd have room for a CPU fan.
What case is you Z370N build in right now ? Are you happy with it ?

Above 100 degrees C? Wow. Then it throttles you down, and you never get to use all that zippy turbo speed?
I doubt that you'd be maxing out all 6 cores at the same time the way Cinebench does when running that stress test. Especially running it 5 times back to back. The new mini isn't being sold as a video rendering machine, it would be a poor choice for that due to the igfx UHD 630 graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back