Contribute
Register

Apple ID does not work in Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Finder and browse to the HDD where your Mavericks is installed, open "Library", next "Preferences" and then "Systemconfiguration". Thats where your network interfaces.plist is stored.

System Preferences is not a Folder, it's a program ;) It should be located in your Dock right from the first install...

I was having the issue with iMessage and App Store, changed my system id to Mac Mini 6,1 and now the app store is working but iMessage still is not. Apple Support shows my serial number as not valid and I have a feeling that might be it. Any advice to get iMessage working again let me know

This solved my problem. Thanks!

I was able to get my App Store and iCloud working, but iMessage gives me a weird problem. Since I have a .mac account from way back when, and a .me account and a .icloud account now (they all have same names but different extensions) basically I can log in with one, but then on next reboot it errors out. So then I login with one of the other extensions (these all have same password since they are all linked) and it will work until my next reboot which I would then revert back to the other one. Weird.

Fix for iCloud or AppleID not working

Open Finder and browse to the HDD where your Mavericks is installed, open "Library", next "Preferences" and then "Systemconfiguration".
Find the file networkinterfaces.plist.
Rename it you'll have to verify it as its a system file
Before you reboot go to systems preferences that is the program by that name and click on networks.
delete all your network devices, apply and then shutdown (not restart) the computer
Boot up and the system will create a new file that you renamed.
back into the system preferences program and the network settings and use the + to add back your network items MAKING SURE YOU DO ETHERNET FIRST.
once done it should work.
whats happening is the ethernet card has to be device eth0 not 1 or 2 or iCloud and the app store refuses to let you in.
You can check this but going to the about this mac from the apple menu and looking at what the network ethernet card is called

I was able to get this working as well using the delete NetworkInterfaces.plist method. I currently only have wifi set up, no Ethernet yet. After I deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist, removed all devices from Network in System Preferences, restarted, and re-added my WiFi card, I was able to log in to iCloud and the Mac App Store. Thanks for sharing the wisdom, everyone! This was one of the two easily-fixed problems I've run into since firing up my first Customac last night. I'm glad I took the time to thoroughly study these forums and guides before I purchased my parts. This has been an extremely smooth experience. I love this place!
:headbang:

Hello shaneblyth,

I followed your instructions with negative results. Even though I created my iCloud account on my iPhone and successfully backed it and my iPad up, I still cannot log into iCloud via System Preferences > iCloud. I am able to log into iCloud through a web browser.

iTunes 11.1.3
Mavericks 10.9.1

FYI...still looking for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back