Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a dual boot system with Snow Leopard, and a successful installation of Mavericks, but my Apple ID does not work in Mavericks. (still works in Snow Leopard) "An unknown error has occurred." I tried changing the password, but it makes no difference. Any ideas?

I was having the issue with iMessage and App Store, changed my system id to Mac Mini 6,1 and now the app store is working but iMessage still is not. Apple Support shows my serial number as not valid and I have a feeling that might be it. Any advice to get iMessage working again let me know

Open Finder and go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete Networkinterfaces.plist

After that open System Preferences/Network and delete ALL Connections

Restart your Computer...

Open System Preferences/Network and add Ethernet Connection first, then WLAN and those you may need.

Test iMessage and Appstore again, if they work you're done...

Happened to me as well - if the reset doesn't work it will show you a support code after some time (which means that the mac needs manual activation). Just call Apple Care, give them your serial.. they will not find it, play dumb.. and with some luck they will make it run again. Otherwise try to edit your serial manually under /Extra/smbios.plist (didn't try that myself but it might help).

Open Finder and go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete Networkinterfaces.plist

After that open System Preferences/Network and delete ALL Connections

Restart your Computer...

Open System Preferences/Network and add Ethernet Connection first, then WLAN and those you may need.

Test iMessage and Appstore again, if they work you're done...

I had to do this as well and confirm that it works.

I've tried what you said and I'm still getting an error during activation. If you have any other ideas, that would be great. iCloud, Facetime, etc all work, just not iMessage.

I tried deleting all the iMessage files, network interfaces changing the serial number none of that worked. This seemed sketchy to me but it was the only thing that worked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPfJzCB9BVQ

That worked perfectly! It appears to update the Chameleon to v2.2svn r2266 and adds the "FileNVRAM.dylib" to the modules directory. When you first start the Chameleon Wizard, it will ask to update the software BTW. But I let it install the new Chameleon release and added the file to the modules directory and now iMessage is working again! Thanks for posting that video link!

There is no system preferences folder on my install. I did a search for the NetworkInterfaces.plist file and nothing comes up. I attempted the removal of all devices rebooted and replaced them with ethernet going first and that too did nothing. Am I missing something? I have reinstalled Mavericks three times with different IDs trying to fix all of this and still nothing.

What works: iTunes login and Messages login.
What does not work: iCloud and App store login.

Any suggestions would be very helpful - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back