Contribute
Register

Apple Announces OS X 10.11 El Capitan - Available Fall 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm installing it now on my laptop and iMac at work. So far the install seems to be quicker than Yosemite. Curiosity though directed at TonyMacx86.... what is the possibility for those of us with a dev subscription to be able to use unibeast or get a version of it to use and test with for our hack? My box at home is a wonderful hack built with unibeast and multibeast. I have a spare drive and want to test 'El Capitan' on it. Any chance on this? :)

So i'm installing it now on my laptop and iMac at work. So far the install seems to be quicker than Yosemite. Curiosity though directed at TonyMacx86.... what is the possibility for those of us with a dev subscription to be able to use unibeast or get a version of it to use and test with for our hack? My box at home is a wonderful hack built with unibeast and multibeast. I have a spare drive and want to test 'El Capitan' on it. Any chance on this? :)

Please read the Rules :

Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban

About Metal, by netkas:

This info comes from metal driver availability, not from real test
Metal supported card families:
Nvidia – GeForce gtx 4xx and newer
Intel – HD4000 and newer (ivy bridge and newer)
AMD – HD7000 and newer

Please read the Rules :

I read the rules, and I wasn't releasing anything you couldn't have found out by watching the WWDC event. However, maybe I should have elaborated a bit more... I can't be the only one here who has an actual apple developer account. It would be nice if there was a special locked section on the forums where those of us with a dev account could discuss things, help with ideas, and help the site community by testing the newest betas and ultimately the final gold release against the tools we all use here. The NDA covers discussing or posting to the public at large, but I am subscribed to plenty of newsgroups where apple dev get together to test our apps and other things against the beta builds. Discussing with other actual dev in the apple program is not against the NDA.

Also taking into account Apple's public beta program, which will go live next month, I just thought it would be nice to lend a helping hand to the community so maybe Unibeast and Multibeast could be used for that beta, as the betas don't have the same NDA's as the dev pre-releases do., thereby giving those who wish to try it out at public beta time the opportunity to do so on their hacks.

I read the rules, and I wasn't releasing anything you couldn't have found out by watching the WWDC event. However, maybe I should have elaborated a bit more... I can't be the only one here who has an actual apple developer account. It would be nice if there was a special locked section on the forums where those of us with a dev account could discuss things, help with ideas, and help the site community by testing the newest betas and ultimately the final gold release against the tools we all use here. The NDA covers discussing or posting to the public at large, but I am subscribed to plenty of newsgroups where apple dev get together to test our apps and other things against the beta builds. Discussing with other actual dev in the apple program is not against the NDA.

Also taking into account Apple's public beta program, which will go live next month, I just thought it would be nice to lend a helping hand to the community so maybe Unibeast and Multibeast could be used for that beta, as the betas don't have the same NDA's as the dev pre-releases do., thereby giving those who wish to try it out at public beta time the opportunity to do so on their hacks.

The rules are quite clear.
You are indeed at liberty to discuss the features of pre release builds with like minded developers elsewhere, but we don't do it here.

Is this version going to support
GTX 980

and
intel i7 5820k?

im tempted to give it a run to see if it supports hdmi 2.0

hummmmmm

Everybody will call it OS X ElCap. I don't like the stock wallpaper, I'll keep the one of Yosemite:mrgreen:.

Anyway, nice new features. Looking forward for the fall.

About Metal, by netkas:

This info comes from metal driver availability, not from real test
Metal supported card families:
Nvidia – GeForce gtx 4xx and newer
Intel – HD4000 and newer (ivy bridge and newer)
AMD – HD7000 and newer

I'm assuming this is pretty set in stone then? They wouldn't release a dev preview without giving them full support to the hardware they intend to support right?

Guess it's time to upgrade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back