Contribute
Register

Anyone have a working config for HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1487c?

Motherboard
HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1487c
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all. Great to be a part of this community. I have been trying for weeks to build a hackintosh on my HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1487c. The HP product number of my PC is 319L0AA. I purchased the PC in 2022 from Costco, so there should be a number of them out there in the universe.

I have had no luck getting Unibeast to load on this machine. Loading stalls at End Randomseed +++++++, as many have reported in the forums.

I have tried everything I can think of including going through all of the steps with the OpenCore platform. No luck. I really want to use Unibeast instead of OpenCore anyway.

Has anyone had any luck loading Unibeast on this SPECIFIC HP machine? I would be eternally grateful.

Hello all. Great to be a part of this community. I have been trying for weeks to build a hackintosh on my HP ENVY Desktop TE01-1487c. The HP product number of my PC is 319L0AA. I purchased the PC in 2022 from Costco, so there should be a number of them out there in the universe.

I have had no luck getting Unibeast to load on this machine. Loading stalls at End Randomseed +++++++, as many have reported in the forums.

I have tried everything I can think of including going through all of the steps with the OpenCore platform. No luck. I really want to use Unibeast instead of OpenCore anyway.

Has anyone had any luck loading Unibeast on this SPECIFIC HP machine? I would be eternally grateful.
later versions of clover requires opencore elements to make it work

best to just learn the one bootloader, opencore....

Thank you for the advice, Feartech. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I tried OpenCore and used all of the settings I understand for my processor and memory configuration. No luck. :( I'm hoping that someone who reads this forum will be able to help advise me with their Clover success story specific to my PC.

Thank you for the advice, Feartech. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I tried OpenCore and used all of the settings I understand for my processor and memory configuration. No luck. :( I'm hoping that someone who reads this forum will be able to help advise me with their Clover success story specific to my PC.
"no luck" is not much to go on

best to zip and upload your EFI along with a verbose image so someone can help you

Attached is an archive containing my EFI folder along with the latest verbose log file (opencore-2023-07-31-193915.txt). Installation froze after this line:

USBToolBox: XHC: waitForMatchingService failed or timed out

I then ran the USBToolBox tool and generated a map which was saved to UTBMap.kext and placed in my Kexts folder. I didn't do anything else. (I'm not sure if I needed to then rebuild my config.plist again or not. I didn't.)

This is where I'm stuck. Any help in pointing out problems would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    24.2 MB · Views: 31
Attached is an archive containing my EFI folder along with the latest verbose log file (opencore-2023-07-31-193915.txt). Installation froze after this line:

USBToolBox: XHC: waitForMatchingService failed or timed out

I then ran the USBToolBox tool and generated a map which was saved to UTBMap.kext and placed in my Kexts folder. I didn't do anything else. (I'm not sure if I needed to then rebuild my config.plist again or not. I didn't.)

This is where I'm stuck. Any help in pointing out problems would be greatly appreciated.
you have too many kexts in there, remove:
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM.kext
AppleALCU.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCDellSensors.kext
SMCLightSensor.kext

out of interest, what wifi card do you have installed in your machine?

Lilu.kext should be first in your list

with latest version of opencore, enable XhciPortLimit and then remove
USBToolBox.kext
UTBDefault.kext
UTBMap.kext

you can set your USB ports after you have installed macOS:

you need to fill out:
Code:
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
                <data></data>

you have too many kexts in there, remove:
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmPatchRAM.kext
AppleALCU.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCDellSensors.kext
SMCLightSensor.kext

out of interest, what wifi card do you have installed in your machine?

Lilu.kext should be first in your list

with latest version of opencore, enable XhciPortLimit and then remove
USBToolBox.kext
UTBDefault.kext
UTBMap.kext

you can set your USB ports after you have installed macOS:

you need to fill out:
Code:
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
                <data></data>
Thank you, Feartech. I'm getting farther, but not quite there yet. I believe I followed all of your instructions correctly, but the boot is now freezing at:

SMCSuperIO ssio: @ failed to detect supported SuperIO chip

Attached is a new archive containing my EFI folder and also a screen capture of the frozen line.

To answer your question of interest, I have the following wifi card:

Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCI-E Network Adapter PCI
Device ID: 10EC-8852

Are there any next steps you would kindly advise?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 52
  • SMCSuperIO Hanging.jpg
    SMCSuperIO Hanging.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 16
Thank you, Feartech. I'm getting farther, but not quite there yet. I believe I followed all of your instructions correctly, but the boot is now freezing at:

SMCSuperIO ssio: @ failed to detect supported SuperIO chip

Attached is a new archive containing my EFI folder and also a screen capture of the frozen line.

To answer your question of interest, I have the following wifi card:

Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCI-E Network Adapter PCI
Device ID: 10EC-8852

Are there any next steps you would kindly advise?
all of those brcm kexts can be removed as they are only for broadcom wifi cards

what is the make and model of your nvme/ssd drive?

remove:
SMCSuperIO.kext

all of those brcm kexts can be removed as they are only for broadcom wifi cards

what is the make and model of your nvme/ssd drive?

remove:
SMCSuperIO.kext
Removed the 6 kexts and updated the config.plist. Now stuck at:

virtual IOReturn IONVMeController::CreateSumissionQueue(uint16_t, uint8_t)::2844:SQ index=1 entrysize=64

Attached is the latest EFI and a photo of the error.

If you are referring to the SSD drive in my PC used for my C: drive, the make and model are:

SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-000H1

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    18.9 MB · Views: 52
  • virtual IOReturn Hanging.jpg
    virtual IOReturn Hanging.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
Removed the 6 kexts and updated the config.plist. Now stuck at:

virtual IOReturn IONVMeController::CreateSumissionQueue(uint16_t, uint8_t)::2844:SQ index=1 entrysize=64

Attached is the latest EFI and a photo of the error.

If you are referring to the SSD drive in my PC used for my C: drive, the make and model are:

SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-000H1
ahh! the PM981 is not supported at all and will have to be replaced

Back