Contribute
Register

AMD R9 290X on Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
so sounds like there are work arounds to get the 290x working in 10.10. that's pretty sweet I been debating getting a corsair Hydro Series HG10 A1 to closed loop system to cool a 290 or 290x then using a h110 for the cpu in a Corsair Graphite Series™ 780T White Full-Tower PC Case would be a pretty Sweet OC Setup.

Corsair says they are developing a Hydro Series HG10 N1 as well. but speed of corsair releases I figure we be lucky to see it by X-Mass 2015!

Alice

Works fine with one monitor and Display Port. Connecting second monitor ended with crash (black screen).
FxFactory also crashes system.

so sounds like there are work arounds to get the 290x working in 10.10. that's pretty sweet I been debating getting a corsair Hydro Series HG10 A1 to closed loop system to cool a 290 or 290x then using a h110 for the cpu in a Corsair Graphite Series™ 780T White Full-Tower PC Case would be a pretty Sweet OC Setup.

Corsair says they are developing a Hydro Series HG10 N1 as well. but speed of corsair releases I figure we be lucky to see it by X-Mass 2015!

Alice
I don't think you have to get the latest coolers. I run a 290x in my Corsair 760T (Love it) the h110 would be more then enough. My temps when running higher end games goes only to 82C when OCed. And even at that the only reason that it is that warm is because I have the first model of the Asus 290x which has only one fan on it. The fans built in the 760T (same in the 780T) case are AMAZING.

Also I am able to run dual monitors via DVI and HDMI. Triples dont work :/

Any news here? Can we use dual monitors with Radeon 270 or Radeon 290 GPU?

With current drivers 290x runs well but single monitor only.
You can add a second screen by adding another card to the system. Any compatible card should work.
I am running r9 290x DP to screen one 2460x1440 / second screen from 6850 on HDMi @ 1080p

With current drivers 290x runs well but single monitor only.
You can add a second screen by adding another card to the system. Any compatible card should work.
I am running r9 290x DP to screen one 2460x1440 / second screen from 6850 on HDMi @ 1080p

It actually varies from card to card. With the PowerColor 290 that I have, I can use DP and HDMI at the same time (but 3 monitors doesn't work). That could be true with some 290x cards also. Though of course with two cards you get double the OpenCL!

Hey guys, if anyone on this thread has working (triple)dual displays with hdmi and 2xdvi's It would be great if you could give me a link and point me over to what exact card you have and what steps you had to go through.
- Thanks in Advance
- MrTomoskie :)

I'm running into the same issue. FxFactory kills the machine. Mouse stops and hit the reset button. Editing anything in Aperture causes the same problem. Also experience the occasional slowing down of the video card where resetting the machine fixes it.

Frustrating as it's a nice video card. Wish there was better support for it. Is there a card that's fast and more stable? Worth replacing with all the aggravation if that fixes the issues.

Asus X99-Deluxe, 32Gb. Ram, SSD's, ASUS R9-290x, 2560x1600 mac 30" monitor using 4 virtual screens no lag, I7-5930K, Chimera Boot, usb external bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back